Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
MR's 4 Sale

Default Q-Mod

I have this crazy idea but I'm not sure about how well it would work. I've already got lots of "issues" coming up in my head.

The idea - A remote Q-Loader
Basically I'm thinking of taking your standard q-loader and modifying it with extra hose to be placed on the hip, or back, wherever you put your other pods.

The Problems -
1.) I don't have a q-loader right now to play around and test, and I don't
know specifics about how they work.
2.) I'm thinking that having a remote line for air on the bottom of the gun
and a remote hose for paint on the top of the gun would probably be
to cumbersome.
3.) Would the paint have troubles getting through the longer hose with it
moving around all the time?
4.) Once all the paint gets out of the Q-Pod, how is it going to make it
the rest of the way to the gun?

So what do you think? Is it a retarded idea all together? Is it workable with some variations? I know there's alot of people on here with q-loaders that would be able to give some kind of insight. The main reasons for this idea are the fact that my current gun has a forward grip that I use so mounting underneath is an issue and the other project I'm getting ready to start will be ruined with a hopper coming off the top and due to the style of replica, Mounting a q-loader anywhere on it will just look retarded ( in my eyes ). Yeah, I'm picky but that's what brings on new innovations, such as a remote q-loader.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Life is peachy

Default Re: Q-Mod

I dont think this would work you would have to have a 1 peice hose from start to finish. You would have to pre-fill the hose so that the Q-loader would still put torque on the stack to feed it into your marker at anyrate.

Where I see the hang up is that even with a short hose on the Q-loader it makes it alot more finicky then a direct feed system so with a long hose I would emagin there would be alot of broken paint and feeding issues. I dont know if its a workable idea but it wont take much to try it.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 04-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I've had a QLoader and thought of the same thing but the problem is more the length of hose and all the paint in it. Take a shot to, or fall on the hose and you've got one hell of a mess to clean out. ..or get a kink in the hose and it won't feed.
The best option for the Q is to have the least amount of hose exposed as possible and if at all possible, trade the flexible hose for a rigid pipe set up. Thin walled 3/4" [c]pvc or 3/4" copper tubing and angled fittings are a better choice than the stock flex tube because it's more resilient to impacts and deters damage to paint in the tube.

What you could do is make a bracket that fits between the grip and asa that attaches to the mounting collar on the Q. Run the Q forward from the gripframe instead of on the VA/forward grip.
Here's an example of a bracket I made for my Tippmann. I was going to milsim it and attach the QLoader to the magazine but the project never came to fruition. The PVC is 3/4" ID and there's a 3/4" hardwood dowel inside it. I drilled the dowel and ran a bolt through it to the bracket and the Q collar goes around that. You can do something similar with the putting the bracket between the ASA and the gripframe...just make it longer and straight (not bent like mine) to clear the area you need it to clear...

Last edited by druid : 04-26-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM
EM1 Tech guy

I had an idea kinda like this but for a Halo. Have it mounted like the old Warp Feed from AGD. Besides the mounting & hose/tube routing the only problem I see is the Halo having enough power to push paint. Which if it did, Im sure the mods you can do to Halos would fix it.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
MR's 4 Sale

Well, since I'm soon to be the proud owner of a $50 MR2 (that 's right Slim, I got it) I think I'm going to buy me a q-loader and play with all the options, and innovate some others.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Life is peachy

^Thats great I have 2 MR2's one with eye one without. But I thought sh** if he is gonna give it away it may as well be to me right!

Im glad you bought it I like when people support the BST's

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
MR's 4 Sale

yeah, I actually passed it up once in an attempt to not spend money but then, like you, figured, "Hey, nobody else wants a steal, I might as well. I already have the 2 mr1's, why not an mr2?"
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Life is peachy

If you hae any Questions about the MR2 dont hesitate to ask. And if I have problems with my MR1 i wont hesitate to ask you!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Life is peachy

For what its worth I have the same barrel he is selling on my new MR and I really like it. you should buy that to!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
MR's 4 Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
For what its worth I have the same barrel he is selling on my new MR and I really like it. you should buy that to!
Really don't care for something that long. I was considering a smaller version, for S & G's. I really love my J&J too though, but I'll probably do it anyway. I have to buy another barrel for my second mr1 anyway and it's pretty much meant to be a spare/loaner so if I don't like a barrel it's pretty much going to be their problem. I know, if I have to use it as a spare, it will be my problem.. but I've never had an mr1 problem that wasn't fixable in a matter of a couple of minutes.