Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Kaibil

Talking need some help...

In my country, paintball is starting to grow up, so Im makin a web page, to estimulate people to play paintball, also that paintball is a extreme sport and that everyone can play it.
So i need help with a background for my web page, you know mix images, or...i dont know, I have seen you guys that you post your computer background and then you mix up the image, or cool backgrounds, like mixin colors or something.

If you can make one i will be very apprciate
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: need some help...

Hmmm.....no mention of exactly what country you're speaking of. Your idea of a paintball site to recruit/stimulate players sounds good. I would think you'd need a domain reserved as well as a plan for a site first before you'd worry about a banner. Think we have a few members here that can do that type of stuff but you really haven't thrown any specifics out yet either -

This seems more of an NPBT subject, you may find better help there.....moved -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Kaibil

My country= Guatemala
And yeah i have a domain name....todopaintbalpc.com=tranlation=everythingab outpaintball.com

I almost get it done, but i want a cool backgruond for my page; if anyone can provide me with a cool one, Ill be very thankful.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

So are you looking for a background or banner or both? I've found that having a pictorial background makes reading the text a bit more difficult. Look at a few of those 'myspace' pages and you'll see what I mean. Guatemala.......koo -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

yeah, dragon speaks the truth. mixed picture backgrounds are no good, unless its very transparent, and doesnt have too many colors, if you know what i mean. im talking like a 90-95 percent transparency on a black and white image. otherwise, just go with a nice easy to read color scheme. dont use too many colors. two, or three tops, and make them easy on the eyes. dark blues, dark reds, greys, etc. avoid too much white (use grey instead of white) and dont use any bright greens, oranges, yellows, or anything "loud" as they say. if you are using a template/theme, find a clean one thats not too busy. its nothing i hate worse than a badly designed web page with tons of bright colors and a poor navigation system.