Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Whatcha'all think?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1375951

I think he's right for the most part but at my field they get a certain diablo ball in (blue shell can't remember the name) that roll's out of a .679 insert! I don't think that would go over too well with a .691 barrel!

Opinion's as I need to buy a new barrel either today or tomorrow to get it by the weekend! I still love CP .689 barrel's which is what I was going to get but this thread got me thinking and I really don't want a barrel kit at the moment!

Whatcha'all think?

JB.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Whatcha'all think?

He does make some interesting and good points. I'm not very in-tune with the pro's, so I'm not sure it pro's do over bore. Try it out and see how it works. Any of your friends have timmy barrels that you could try? That or if you can find a good deal on a used barrel, try it out, if you don't like it then resell it. Although, if the paint you normally use rolls easily out of a 0.679 bore you wouldn't really need to go bigger that your 0.689. I guess the question right now you should ask yourself is "Am I breaking a lot of paint?" If you are try to go to a bigger barrel and see if it works. If not just keep what you got.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

i guess going to a .691 won't hurt i tried that but going to a .694 i think is a little too much.

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

This idea I think is pretty good as long as your not shooting a closed bolt marker! I think I'll search around and find a .691 and try it out although I guess I got a little paranoia shooting that tiny bore paint though still!

JB.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I ALWAYS overbore...what I do is match the paint to barrel then go a size or two bigger. Never have problems except for an occassional oopsy...for a long time I've said that it doesn't really affect accuracy as much as people have let on - it does to a point, but not nearly as much as people swear to - but that's another one of those paintball arguments that never end.

Of course, disclaimer time - this is MY OPINION! Not totally factual, although I did a test last summer on it.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't make me get my Dremel.

i'm usually overbored LOL

Super Duper Feedback
Old 01-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Banned

I've been saying this for the past 6 months? From the time I had my Shocker I've been overboring and have had NO problems. I was using a .693 insert on my Shocker, and when I got my DM4 through to my Timmy I was using .692 UL back. The FSDO point he made came in handy for me, instead of breaking balls, it would just roll out. I never had an accuracy issues with overboring. I could hit the same spot over and over. Paint matching works, its not incorrect, but it isn't an exact science. The reasons he listed like how paint swells later in the day, and the oblong shaped paint, makes it incredibly hard to keep the right bore. Back when Otter first made his page on his site about boring, there weren't Halo Bs, which do infact effect the shape. Things have changed, and overboring make everything a whoooooooole lot simpler.

Barrel kits =
.691-.693 back FTW
Old 01-24-2006, 09:37 AM

Respected, period.

Ok guys this brings up a question. How do you bore your paint? Do you just go by what the box says the bore is or what you find on a chart, like Otter's Paintball Size chart? or Do you take a hand full of paintballs and fit them through your barrel? Reason I'm asking is because I just got a new Freak Kit and its my first one.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Handfuls. Put one in, blow it out. If it doesn't blow out its too tight, if it rolls out without you blowing, too loose. You want it to blow out without much force. Personally, I'd say you throw the .693 in there and call it a day. Thats what I used on my Shocker with no problem.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I build custom Timmies

My field has one of the those metal sheets where you drop the ball in the holes and the one where it barely goes through is the bore of the ball. I always just use my .691 empire barrel from my kit and it works great with all paint that I use.

Fred
MY FEEDBACK
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=202