Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Skirmish, PA - 2007 Invasion of Normandy

WEBSITE

GAME DETAILS
DATE: July 14th & 15th
RATE: Only $54.00* per person, pre-registered OR $49.00* per person, pre-registered when you bring a group of 20+ players. Pre-registration deadline is 06/28/07. It’s $75.00* if you register late or at the gate! *rates are subject to tax!

RESERVATIONS: Can be made by calling us at 1-800-SKIRMISH (1-800-754-7647). We strongly advising calling as soon as possible for ION reservations. There will absolutely be a player cap this year.

GROUP LEADER BENEFITS**: The following group leader benefits apply:
Bring 10+ players – one person plays free
Bring 20+ players – everyone received the reduced rate of $49.00* per person (*plus tax)
Bring 25+ players – you’ll receive a Free Tippmann 98 OR Tactical Vest OR One Case of Paint, plus above
Bring 30+ players – another person will play for Free, plus above
Bring 45+ players – receive a Free Tippmann A-5 OR Two Cases of Paint, plus above with exception of the Tippmann 98/Vest/Paint

**Benefits are for pre-registered players only and based on paying players present!
TEAMS: GERMAN, ALLIES, & FRENCH

COMMAND STAFF: GERMAN GENERAL – Mark Pastore GERMAN XO’S – George Shaffer & Pat LaFrieda
ALLIED GENERAL – Phil Whalen ALLIED XO – James Dinardo
FRENCH - To Be Determined

ROLES: If you'd like a specific role in the game (medic, intel, sniper, etc) please let us know when pre-registering. If available, we will sign you up once your reservation has been paid in full.

PAINT: Event Paint Only! Cases are $72. & up based on quantity purchased. (For a full list of paint prices CLICK HERE)

RENTAL EQUIPMENT: If rental equipment is needed, there will not be an extra charge. However, you must have a major credit card to use as a security deposit until the equipment is returned at the end of the weekend.

CAMOUFLAGE: Rentals are available if needed for $6.00

FILLS: Co2 and N2 fills are FREE all weekend long!!!

CHRONO: Chrono yourself on 280 fps max. We will double check with hand-held roaming judges

MEDIC CARDS: If you are shot, find a judge. Have him punch your card so you can stay in the game. Once you receive three punches on your card, leave the field, report to the nearest reinsertion point.

FOOD: Available for sale throughout the game.

WATER: Limited water supply at the fields, strongly recommend bringing extra water!

CAMPING: Free camping permitted at the fields Friday & Saturday. No Open Fires! No Fireworks! No Nazi Flags!

TRADE SHOW: There will be a ton of different vendors selling all types of gear…at great discount prices!

CREDIT CARD/CASH: We accept cash, travelers checks, and all major credit cards. There are NO ATM's at the fields!

DIRECTIONS: For our field directions CLICK HERE. We strongly recommend NOT using any online mapping programs such as Mapquest and Yahoo Maps – they have been known to take players hours out of their way!

GPS COORDINATES: N 41°.521’ and W 75°32.964’

CHECK-IN, & PARKING: Directly at the Skirmish Fields – at the pavilion
Have COMPLETED ENTRY TICKET with you…filled out, unfolded, and ready to hand in!

Receive: WRISTBAND, dog-tags, maps, rules
Everyone MUST have a WRISTBAND, DOG-TAG, and HOPPER TAPE to play!!!
Lost Hopper Tape or Wristband, please report to check-in window.
Your WRISTBAND is proof of payment. If lost, you will be asked to pay again!

On FRIDAY, JULY 13th - There will be advanced check-in from 2:00pm to 10:00 pm for ANYONE that wants to avoid the Saturday crowds. We strongly recommend early check-in as there will be over 4000 players at this game!!!

As an added incentive, all Invasion of Normandy players that check-in early can play CASTLE NIGHTS FOR FREE on FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

‡SCHEDULE:
Friday
2:00pm to 10:00pm - Early Check-in for those interested. When you call to make reservations, please let us know if you plan on checking-in on Friday!!
6:00pm - FREE Castle Nights Game in the torch lit Tippmann and Dye Castles for all players that check-in early!!

Saturday
7:30am - Gates Open
7:30am - 10am - Check-in, Paint Sales, Team Assignments, Field Map Distribution (once reservations are made, you will be given a specific check-in time between 7:30 and 10am)
10:30am - 11:30am - Game Orientation, Objective Assignments, Rules Briefing, Chronographing
12 Noon Saturday - Game Starts
11pm Saturday – Game breaks so players can rest and catch some z’s

Sunday
9:00am - Sunday Morning - Game begins again
1pm - Game Ends, Awards Ceremony Begin
‡Note - Schedule is a list of approximate times, they are subject to change a little!
__________________________________________________ ______________

SO...WHO'S WITH ME?!?!??!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Skirmish, PA - 2007 Invasion of Normandy

I think I'm goin with a group of friends
Old 04-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Information updated on the first post!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I will make this one. I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM

I'm going up early Friday to set up camp and stuff. I'm taking my canvas Civil War Officer's (reinactment) tent as a 'staging' area and hospitality area for Team PennDragon...and I want to play the night game that night.
My 18 yr old daughter is going as photographer and my sister's lending me her digital camcorder. We can take footage, dump it into my duaghter's laptop and start over again. Lemme know if you're going, or your buddy and his girl...we can hang!!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM

Night game eh? Thats what I've upped my MR1 for haha. It's got a high powered lithium flashlight on it right now. (One that says on the box, "Do not look directly into light... could cause temparary to perminate blindness." Wich of course, I do as soon as I open it.... :doh:

I hope to have the MR1 done by then... that is if the suggested parts by Kingman come out... Then I can finally get that damned MR3 rail and Red Dot I so desperately need.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Nice. I will be using the Ion, M98 (rain?), 68 Magnum or Trracer. I just made a deal...trading my stock Cocker for an 88/45 with newly rebuilt MaxFlo and 4 years left on hydro...
Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
*Offical Gun Whore*

I have a question I have a rocking trigger frame on my mr1 is it legal?
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
Old 04-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Nice. I will be using the Ion, M98 (rain?), 68 Magnum or Trracer. I just made a deal...trading my stock Cocker for an 88/45 with newly rebuilt MaxFlo and 4 years left on hydro...
88peanut?

Quote:
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

Man, talk about expensive, that's rediculous... I can play local scenarios for $25 entry fee and $55/case paint. It looks really cool, but not worth $126 at minimum... wow.
Java 68/4500 tank