Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Default Re: Pro shop rips...........

Pro shop? I've never heard of such a thing! I've heard of a rookie shop though...

In all seriousness, I don't have a proshop within 50 miles of here... Honest! But of the one's I've gone to, the behind-the-glass-table people just mind their own business and don't bother with you unless you ask them something. They don't really say like, "Oh this is better than that, etc, etc." But the proshop is a little biased with gun manufactures. They tend to carry low end spyders, tippmans, etc. Then one or two autocockers, maybe even an Ego, but they have this whole wall full of Matrixes, Dye and Proto. And their prices are absolutely outrageous. But I never mind going in to look at stuff. I only shop in my brain, I never have money to actually buy something...

But when I did talk to the fellas, they were nice about things, and even called other stores if they could get things in stock, etc, etc.

But prices.. yeesh..
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

The shops here are good. One is a little expensive, and I don't like the owner, but the guy knows paintball and has been involved for years. Those of you who play PSP and NPPL might of heard od Southside Images. They have media passes to all the events and take photos of play. They own a proshop here. The other two in the area are good also. I used to play for one of them. If you take a Matrix to them, odds are it will end up in my hands being worked on. I'm the only one there thats owned a Matrix before, so they won't even attempt to work on them.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

around here, the people that work in the shops are usually pretty knowledgable and nice. the prices are a little outrageous, but its understandable for most of them, except for one. one shop (x-fire paintball) has prices at least 20 percent higher than other shops in the area. ive never had a problem with their customer service, but apparently the guy is an arse to tiburonGT.

overall, i cant complain. i just dont have much close to me.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:26 PM

We just have a world reknown airsmith who specializes in cockers, phantoms, mags....
Old 01-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Bling Bling Bling

My local shops are great. Of course they are very big in the Paintball world. Pev's. They are always helpful, don't try to sell you stuff you don't need, and will go out of their way to get you stuff you want. They are not the cheapest place to get stuff, but they are on par with most other retailers around here. Plus they have sales all the time to get extra stuff. For example, I got my Crossy their. 68/45 was 209.00 (Same as online), but I got a free tank cover, free fill nipple cover, free thread saver and 6 fills. So in the big picture it was much cheaper.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Midwest Most Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe
There is a pro shop near me that almost refused my buisness because I didnt buy the gun there. I bought a piranha from them, and then a spyder online. I took the spyder in because i needed soemthing to plug one of the oulet holes in the drop i was using. well...they couldnt find anything, and i was like well, if you just have a guage that would work, and this girl behind the counter gave me a nastylook, and said you are using CO2, a guage wont do anything there...So i said if i was using CA, it wouldnt either....and she was like oh...yeah. They were being douche bags the whole time, riddling me with questions about why i would buy something online. I dont go there anymore.

There is also bad boyz toyz...I hate them also. They are just douche bags all around. They just think thye are better than anyone. Stupid annoying pro shops.
Bad Boyz Sucks and they are over priced.

Check out paintball explosion on Dempster in Skokie just east of 94
Old 01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
===,,,> Go Noles!

my shop is way overpriced, but the people are knowledgeable and friendly, to an extent

they really dont make conversation that well though, i asked a guy about a pump they had on the wall and he was like "i have no clue what that is, but i know you dont want one" so it either was broken or he was just trying to sell me somthing else

it also seperates guns into price ranges, pumps on one wall, spyders, tippies, low end cockers on one, and everything else on one wall
Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Naturally Born Thriller

I hate when paintball shops try to rip you off. These guys should leave the PB industry and go be auto mechanics...
Old 01-28-2006, 03:47 AM
New Guy Old Body

Other than the services time frame ordeal i recently made a thread about, or proshop is...myeh...to a certain degree. They cater to the high end guns, yet advertise they are here for the new players. The only spyder parts they have would be a couple spring kits and barrels. I recently got 2 spyder flashes that need some parts and asked about getting them. His reply was that noone shoots spyders anymore. Ok, needless to say I had a huge surprised look on my face. He said he wouldnt order anymore due to noone needing the parts. I walked out to the prep area where people were getting ready for games and lo and behold...out of the 12 or so that were standing there, 3 had spyders. It was a typical sight also lol, one had a hopper turned sideways that could use some straightening. 2 of the guys were even wearin Raven jerseys. I did an about face and proceeded to my truck wondering...think these guys say that alot to inquiring players? Sure, I use the mamba when i play...when it worked...before i turned it over to them for services. However, I also liked to rock the AMG and leave the angel in the truck from time to time, cause Im cool like that

This forum needs to close down...since "noone" uses spyders anymore lol

btw, they rent Pirahnas and Tippmanns there, if that matters lol. Luckily, their fields rock! lol
Old Fart Club Member #2 =)
Spyder AMG LCD (2)
Spyder Flash (2)
Raven Primal
Cobra Mamba IR3 with Cobra Tattoo
Old 01-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

This shop by us (Alternative Sports Supply) charges $20 for a piece of macro line and two fittings,they still want $500 for an A-5 with a stock and remote coil line.Then at another proshop(I-70 paintball in huber heights) i sold them my J&J ceramic barrel for my spyder,he took 10 bucks of the price of an order i got from him,then i saw him but the barrel for sale in the display for $40 bucks.But the field i play at(metro paintball http://metro-paintball.com/ ),their proshop rocks.Paint is 40 a case,and sometimes they have blaze or heat.The owners dont mind helping people with their guns and neither do the players.Their prices are good too.