Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Thumbs down Pro shop rips...........

Went to a new pro shop(to me anyway) last week. The guy there seemed OK and he had a lot of customers there that seemed to respect him. I have a bit of mixed emotions about this place though -

Had decent prices on Evil paint($57 a case.....I've seen them going for $80 around here) but when I took my 68/4500 to be filled there, he charged me $5.50 to fill it. Thing was it already had 1000psi in it and he barely got it to just under 4000psi. He seemed to possibly try to take advantage of my intelligence and told me it was actually filled to 4500psi, it's just that the gauge was inaccurate lol. Funny, it always worked before, maybe he brokted it lol. So I essentially paid $5.50 for a little less than 3000psi -

Next time I went there I saw a kid that had his Spyder totally appart. Asked him what he was doing and said he was installing a PE reg. I told him those regs aren't that good but I suppose it was better than no reg at all. He said he just bought a HPA tank from the guy and he told him if he didn't install the PE reg it would ruin his valve. Scratched my head and told him, wasn't so that all he had to do was screw the HPA tank on and shoot. He looked at the guy behind the counter and the guy promptly walked away to take care of another customer. I helped him put all the stuff back together as we conversed Spyder stuff. The guy sold him a line that was about 6" too long because that was all he had in stock. We had a time getting it on to where it didn't look too odd. This counter guy really seemed to take advantage of this guys light experience and it kinda pissed me off a bit to say the least -

Well I needed a couple of sight springs for my 98 and no one else in the area carries them. He charged me over $10 for 2 small springs. I mean they aren't even coiled or anything, just a simple U shaped spring. Normally wouldn't have gone for it but thought, "hey, it's the last time I'm coming to this place anyways, why not?". Needless to say I will not be back to this place again -

I know pro shops need to make a profit but taking advantage of your customers just doesn't seem right to me. Unless I'm very desperate I will not be back to this place for obvious reasons -

Anybody have any similar local pro shop experiences as such? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 01-23-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Pro shop rips...........

There is a pro shop near me that almost refused my buisness because I didnt buy the gun there. I bought a piranha from them, and then a spyder online. I took the spyder in because i needed soemthing to plug one of the oulet holes in the drop i was using. well...they couldnt find anything, and i was like well, if you just have a guage that would work, and this girl behind the counter gave me a nastylook, and said you are using CO2, a guage wont do anything there...So i said if i was using CA, it wouldnt either....and she was like oh...yeah. They were being douche bags the whole time, riddling me with questions about why i would buy something online. I dont go there anymore.

There is also bad boyz toyz...I hate them also. They are just douche bags all around. They just think thye are better than anyone. Stupid annoying pro shops.
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
wat

The local shop around here is the same way. The guy will sell people a Paradox over an Ion for like 400 bucks. Whatever he needs to sell, he'll stretch the truth to sell it. He's a nice guy but he'll rip you off in a heartbeat.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
(spyderkid946)

at my local field, i need something to get a fitting out so i went and asked the head tech for a wrench and he was like here let me do it, and i wanted to do it, but he did anyway and hes like why do you have reg on a spyder and i was like becuase i can lower my pressure and it shoots better. so hes like just put the gas through back on, and i was like actually it came stock with a reg and he was like oo thats not a real reg i was like yup ok.

most of the guys that work at my feild wont rip you off there all pretty cool.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:23 PM

i dont think i've ever had that problem, sounds like your guys shops kinda suck cause ever gun i've bought there or online i've never had any problems w/ getting help.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Listen to Bob Marley

Durrel ftw?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Forget Sexy, I'm Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTownKilla
Durrel ftw?
QFT.

Most shops around here arent bad about selling the wrong part but they are overcharging for some stuff imo. Almost doubling the prices is not fair to me, i know they have to make some money but thats over kill.

you better love what you do or there is no use doing it.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Weeeee!

I think over all shops customer service just isn't up to par of your regular sporting good shops. There was only one pro shop/ field that I actually trusted and they closed due to lack of funding. Go figure. I guess in order to stay in business they have to do some double talk against their more nieve customers to make ends meet. Not justifying what they are doing. They have to compete with all the Durrell's and SPPS and Otters on the internet.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Respected, period.

Luckily for me a new shop just opened down the street from my house which trilled me and they have awesome prices and great customer service. Maybe its because the place is ran by a woman but I love it. I was going to "The Front" for little things because its like 5 miles away from my house, but they way overcharge for everything. So one day I was talking to my mom and she said did you see that new paintball shop that opened up by Target. I was like "Huh?" So I checked it out. $47 for a case of Marballizers, $49 for a case of Evil, $43 for a case of RPS Premium. I'm looking into getting a Stiffi front for my Freak Kit and she said she can get me it for $60 which is like $15 cheaper than on Stiffi's website. She also told me that if there is anything I ever want, that she doesn't have she will try her hardest to get it for me. I guess I just lucked out.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
makin my way to the top of the food chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe
There is also bad boyz toyz...I hate them also. They are just douche bags all around. They just think thye are better than anyone. Stupid annoying pro shops.
QFT. me and my friends went in there and for kick i wanted to see what the guy would say about a maxflow tank. so i walk up and im like hey would i be able to get a maxflow 68/4500 threw here? and hes like ooooo you dont want that, trust me i know, my friend had one and he took it apart to clean it and it never worked the same again and another guy i know slid into a bunker barely on the tank and it messed up the reg so bad and it wouldnt let air threw the reg at all. i just laughed histarically at him and im like "wow man that sucks for dynasty huh doesnt it? there game must really be hampered by using such crappy tanks." we were all crackin up at this guy. it seems like these guys at these "pro shops" are all just... stupid. i like to go in these places and ask them questions and laugh at them for there stupid degrading answeres. for some reason the biggest *******s flock towards paintball. but at the field where i play at the owner (lance) is really awsome and the sad thing is his buisness is struggling, i usually try to buy alot from him because me and him are really tight and he can beat almost any price. he had a tournament last year and he scheduled it around me and my team, hes a really cool guy and hes sorta taken me under his wing.