View Poll Results: PMR Ultralight Frame
Recommend! 1 20.00%
It is an alright product. 2 40.00%
Not recommended! 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2007, 05:49 PM
THE GAME

Default Re: PMR Ultralight Frame

Thanks for getting more in depth on that vike. Just to confirm. UL stock trigger DOES NOT work in UL frame correct?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

No problem - glad I can be so much help!

The UL stock trigger DOES NOT work in the UL frame. Here are pictures that compare the two (borrowed from PBNation - again, they aren't ENTIRELY useless over there! )

You can see that the UL frame trigger is somewhat more compact in the connection and contact area, and utilizes a grub screw to contact the microswitch. It's a solid metal piece on the stock frame trigger. The front part of the stock frame UL trigger sits on the OUTSIDE of the frame as well (something I never really liked about it. The spring for the UL frame trigger sits right where than rear grub screw is mounted, and on the stock frame UL trigger has the spring located on the thin metal area to to front of the trigger.

Technically, the only thing UL about the stock UL trigger is that actual finger area on the trigger looks similar. Other than that and the weight, there really isn't another similarity.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 AM
THE GAME

One last thing. the colors don't look like they match in the pics (body+frame), what say you?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The colors match, but there is a subtle difference in the finish of the body and the frame which makes them look different. It's not noticeable in the sun, but inside, you can see there's a difference, especially in pictures.

One complaint that I have about the PMR is that you just can't take a good close up picture of it - I must have tried a dozen different locations, lightings and positions, but none of them produce a quality shot. This is truly a "you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it" gun. Weird, huh?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

New thoughts on the UL Frame - I've found that I really like the comfort of the frame now. I still don't think it helps performance wise, but I was working on my Shocker the other day and the frame felt HUGE compared to the UL frame. I'm going to have to give it a higher grade for comfort now!