View Poll Results: PMR Ultralight Frame
Recommend! 1 20.00%
It is an alright product. 2 40.00%
Not recommended! 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: PMR Ultralight Frame

Helpdesk - I was referring to some other posts I deleted, not that specific post. Your info was welcome on that issue!

Hob - I have the srail on there because the UL handle sits back further on the gun than the stock frame does. Because of that, my macroline wasn't long enough. I wanted to shoot it, but my tank reg wouldn't let me move the ASA further forward, so I put the srail on there so I could play with it. However, I got some macro yesterday evening though and took the srail off, so it's back to normal again.

Timmy - I thought the same thing, but height-wise, it's really close to the same height. The UL is about 1/3 - 1/2 inch taller (the length of the integrated rail and the distance from the bottom of the grip to the bottom of the frame, so the height is negligible. The upper part of the frame, where the dye logo and snatch grip is, is a bit thicker, and the handle is the same thickness at the bottom, but much thinner at the top where you actually hold it. Like I said, the handle is moved back more than the stock frame, and the trigger guard has a larger opening as well at the top, but smaller towards the bottom of the guard.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
The stock PMR has a "clicky" feel to it, where as the UL frame has a more "smooth" feeling to it. Does that make sense?
definetely makes sense. thats what i feel when i shoot a spyder then shoot my spimmy.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
THE GAME

it may be due to a change in micro switches, or a change in trigger pin/trigger design, or just the proto trigger being "flexy", input on that "clicky feeling" would be nice though.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The "clicky" does have to do with the microswitch, I'm pretty sure. It could be that the weight of the stock switch is greater than that of the UL frame switch. Throw in the combination of the spring that you pretty much HAVE to use on the stock frame and the location of it (on the top of the trigger on the stock frame vs on the back of the UL trigger) I think it just makes it more "clicky."
Old 03-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Spyder Addict

WOW Vike.........we can always count on an honest thorough review from you! Can you start re-writing the APG gun reviews that say all of the guns are perfect including the Tippmann Triumph?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Hahaha - if they would send me the guns, I'd do it!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
THE GAME

is the UL trigger roller? and the stock trigger?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

The stock trigger isn't a roller bearing trigger, but the UL trigger for the stock frame and the UL trigger in UL frame are (two different triggers.)
Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
THE GAME

magnet vs spring could do it... i know the UL is spring, what about the stock frame?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

They're both spring returned. The spring is on the top of the trigger on the stock frame. On the UL trigger it's actually on the back of the trigger.

The stock spring is quite a bit stiffer than the UL spring though. The mixture of a stiffer spring and heavier microswitch (I think) is what makes the stock frame trigger more "clicky".