Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 07:30 AM
1-Step

Default Re: Ions beware...

Be careful not to run the pressure too low. It's still a blowbak, and the last thing you want to have happen is your hopper run dry and your gun un-cock mid game. Also, in my experience, pressures that low equal terrible efficiency. I tune all of my markers for mileage, not pressure. My E-99 which has all sorts of ups, still runs at 600psi or so because that's where I get the best efficiency. My Imp which has everything except for the valve upgrade runs at 200psi because I can get a Halo and at least 9 pods off a 4500 fill.

Your goal is efficiency and consistency, not the lowest pressure possible. The low pressure is a side effect of the upgrades.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Blood...... :)

My E-99 runs at 300PSI and 275 fps adjustable.... I get over a 1000 shots from a 47/3000 tank. Im using a Bob Long Torpedo regulator so that makes a world of difference for the efficiency. With the TBoard and ramping chip, im using an AKA lightning bolt and a titanium striker, I can ramp over 30bps, I had it at 33bps just messing around with it. When I play at the field I go straight semi, cuz everyone else does, ramping is no fun when you play new players and intermediates.... so semi is more challenging for me. All the stories about the sear and solonoid are not true. A Spyder can go that fast, but speed isnt the deciding factor in skill, you are
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Resident *******

Again, shens. I was getting mebbe 750 shots from a 48/3k, and that was stretching it beyond belief. Even a MacDev Cyborg couldn't do 1,000 shots from a 48/3k...almost, but not quite. Listen to Chris and Druid, they will teach you well.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 06-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76
Again, shens. I was getting mebbe 750 shots from a 48/3k, and that was stretching it beyond belief. Even a MacDev Cyborg couldn't do 1,000 shots from a 48/3k...almost, but not quite. Listen to Chris and Druid, they will teach you well.

I get 1050 shots off of a 45/45 on my very upped Ion running at 130psi.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I dont need to be taught by anyone, im not exagerating..... if your marker is efficient you can get 1000 shots out of a small tank if your running 300psi or less, try it and you will see. I have converted about 5 Spyders to LP and they all get double on the small tanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Resident *******

You are exaggerating IMO until you post a video of you popping off that many shots with a shot counter. Until then, shennigans. In case you didn't know, a MacDev 2006 CyBorg is the most efficient and fastest stock marker out there I can think of, getting about 2000 shots at a TRUE 35bps shots from a 68/45. I seriously doubt that you have any idea about how your marker's efficiency is compared to THAT.

BTW, I didn't know Halo TSA's did 33bps... LOL.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to

Last edited by bigred76 : 06-09-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Spyder Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
you need to chrono it, even though it may recock that doesnt mean it is going to run at that pressure. druid is right, its about balance. you currently are probibly balanced at like 120fps. its no big cookie. my amg hits 72fps and will still recock.... thats maybe an inlet of 50psi. but it is severly impractical to do that. so what if you get more shots to tank or balls dont break, they arent going anywhere. do a vid with paint so we can help you out.
to answer this, i did shoot it with paint, i didn't take a vid at first because i was wondering if it would shoot first, so i chronod it at 265fps... otherwise i wouldn't be saying so... I'll be making a vid next week, properly tuned, air and paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
Opter...from personal experience...

at some point there's a trade-off. Getting the lowest psi isn't always going to be more efficient. I was lucky...you seem to be too. I'd say up your inlet pressure about 50/75 psi, back your vel adj out to half-way and chrono as close to 280 as possible.
for some strange reason, im getting excellent efficiency, i've heard the same about low pressures and bad efficiency... i'll make proper calculations when i get more air, i'll probably make a vid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidds
My E-99 runs at 300PSI and 275 fps adjustable.... I get over a 1000 shots from a 47/3000 tank. Im using a Bob Long Torpedo regulator so that makes a world of difference for the efficiency. With the TBoard and ramping chip, im using an AKA lightning bolt and a titanium striker, I can ramp over 30bps, I had it at 33bps just messing around with it. When I play at the field I go straight semi, cuz everyone else does, ramping is no fun when you play new players and intermediates.... so semi is more challenging for me. All the stories about the sear and solonoid are not true. A Spyder can go that fast, but speed isnt the deciding factor in skill, you are
Although it may be true... it's hard to believe. I can max out my 70/3000 at 1300 on a good day...

I will make videos of my gun and make you believe that my gun can do it. I'm going to be gone on a business trip... it seems it wont be a vacation anymore and i wont be gone 2 weeks, i should be back by the 20th.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Sorry but I can't beleive you till I see vids, after also seeing the "poorman's barrel" in your sig which you claim makes the gun quieter, and more accurate :S
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You are exaggerating IMO until you post a video of you popping off that many shots with a shot counter. Until then, shennigans. In case you didn't know, a MacDev 2006 CyBorg is the most efficient and fastest stock marker out there I can think of, getting about 2000 shots at a TRUE 35bps shots from a 68/45. I seriously doubt that you have any idea about how your marker's efficiency is compared to THAT.

BTW, I didn't know Halo TSA's did 33bps... LOL.
Well you said stock, my marker isnt stock, not even close to stock. And I do get 1000 shots out of a 47/3000 tank. And what does 35bps have to do with efficiency? And I DO have a shot counter on my loader which holds 225 balls. I can get 4 loaders full with one tank so thats 1000 shots. I DO know what im talking about, I might have only been playing 4 years and only built 5 LP marks so far but I have nothing to gain by making up anything. If you dont believe me then I dont care, I know what I get out of a rental tank 47/3000, im not mad or anything like that. Really if you dont believe me thenbuild a LP spyder and you will see.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

[/flamefest]

when he gets his vids up, then we'll all see. Give it a rest, this isn't Nation.