Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006, 09:32 PM
wat

Default Windows Vista CPP

Anyone taking part in the Vista CPP? (Customer Preview Program) I am and I must say it's pretty freaking sweet. Nice and clean. They pretty much ripped Mozilla off to make IE7, it's identical to Firefox with tabbed browsing and the search bar in the top right corner..lots of nice features though. You guys should check it out. Download page is down right now due to high traffic but if you can get in, it's free for a year
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Do what you like.

Default Re: Windows Vista CPP

Let me guess? It looks just like OSX? lol MS copycats.
Maybe I'll dual boot when there's support for it....

Took MS like 4 years to catch up with OSX...and it's still probably full of bugs.

Allright allright, I won't judge it before I see it and hear reviews about it....but seriosly, it took them long enough to make a new OS....right?
We're the boys of the county hell
Old 06-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Blood...... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
Anyone taking part in the Vista CPP? (Customer Preview Program) I am and I must say it's pretty freaking sweet. Nice and clean. They pretty much ripped Mozilla off to make IE7, it's identical to Firefox with tabbed browsing and the search bar in the top right corner..lots of nice features though. You guys should check it out. Download page is down right now due to high traffic but if you can get in, it's free for a year
They still copy everything from Apple. Vista is a copy of Macs OSX. PCworld magazine reviewed a copy of Vista and said consumers will be disapointed, they said the wow factor was not there. I like XP... it sounds like Vista will just be a different looking OS, like ME was to 98. Im sticking to my Mac with OS 10.4. Windows is so slow they just got done copying tabbed browsing??? OMG!!! Avant Browser had tabbed browsing 4 years ago. Microsoft is lost....!!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Banned

i dont really care if they are behind or not the fact is that my pc has less power than your mac, but the simple difference is that i can play any game i want, you cant. sony has shown that even if you have a "better" product, the true success comes with public support. apple simply doesnt have it going as well as microsoft does. if you will recall a longggg time ago, when vhs first came to be. many companies had different types of tapes, vhs was one of them.... but sony had the best. their tapes could hold more, the picture was clearer, etc. but they made one mistake. they wouldnt allow anyone else to have a player, theirs was the only one, and it came in at around 1000 bucks. many other companies stood by vhs because althought it wasnt as good as sony's they could use it. look what stands today. its vhs. sony has the same obstacle ahead with bluray, well see if they make the same mistake. but unti; then we can apply this knowlege to Apple, and see that they follow the same path. their lack of support may not be as extreme as sony's tapes (i really dont know what they were called back then) but it is still behind the competition, and they need to worry less being better and worry about public support if they want to survive.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:20 AM
wat

I agree claus..and I guess PC World must have checked out a much older version because I'm wowed by how Windows has managed to incorporate all of the user-friendly gadgets into Vista while managing to use less system resources than XP. I'm also happy they followed OSX's sidebar idea, it has several "gadgets" like the Live RSS feed, which is pretty convenient..I have mine set to CBS Sportsline. I really think alot of people will love this OS because it's so much better looking than XP, can be tweaked in pretty much every way as for as "personalization" goes, and it's much faster than XP..

I would screenshot for you guys but there must be a bug that's got screenshots effed up because I can't get them to work right..lol
Old 06-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Do what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
i dont really care if they are behind or not the fact is that my pc has less power than your mac, but the simple difference is that i can play any game i want, you cant. sony has shown that even if you have a "better" product, the true success comes with public support. apple simply doesnt have it going as well as microsoft does. if you will recall a longggg time ago, when vhs first came to be. many companies had different types of tapes, vhs was one of them.... but sony had the best. their tapes could hold more, the picture was clearer, etc. but they made one mistake. they wouldnt allow anyone else to have a player, theirs was the only one, and it came in at around 1000 bucks. many other companies stood by vhs because althought it wasnt as good as sony's they could use it. look what stands today. its vhs. sony has the same obstacle ahead with bluray, well see if they make the same mistake. but unti; then we can apply this knowlege to Apple, and see that they follow the same path. their lack of support may not be as extreme as sony's tapes (i really dont know what they were called back then) but it is still behind the competition, and they need to worry less being better and worry about public support if they want to survive.
Your blind, misguided faith amazes me.

And there's plenty of support for ALL games on Macs now.
Just buy Windows XP (Vista when they make support for it) and dual boot. Simple.
But I'd rather play my games native in OSX, because it runs faster, and is more stable, but for the game I just HAVE to have, I'll dual boot. I don't see where you are getting your "limited support" stuff from.
And Apple computers now actually support Digital cameras, and other accessories, better than PC's.
Compatability is built into Macs from the start, while PC users have to install software, or download drivers most of the time in order to be able to use that accessory.

But lets not turn this into another Mac Vs PC thread, even though these things always do.

Back to Windows Vista: I think it's a good change for the better for Microsoft OS, it's just a little late ya know?
We're the boys of the county hell

Last edited by Nader : 06-09-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

BAH! now ill have 3 OSs on my comp.

lets see if vista can stack up to linux.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Blood...... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
Wow.... calm down.... im not putting down you or your computer. I never said macs were more powerfull, I have 2 mac laptops, but my main desktop is an Alienware Aurora running XP. I agree windows based computers are better for gaming. I like both windows and microsoft equally, but I like my mac laptop better than my previuos window laptops.... I know windows has the monopoly on computers.... microsoft ended up very sucessfull. Thats good for them
Old 06-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Matrix Connoisseur

durrell, how did you burn the file as an ISO? Nero keeps telling me i cant burn an iso file larger than 2 gigs

EDIT: nevermind, i think i figured it out. instead of burning as bootable disk, i selected burn image to disk. ill let you know if it works out.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_moo
durrell, how did you burn the file as an ISO? Nero keeps telling me i cant burn an iso file larger than 2 gigs

EDIT: nevermind, i think i figured it out. instead of burning as bootable disk, i selected burn image to disk. ill let you know if it works out.
I have a friend that gave me a program that let me not burn it to a DVD. It mounted it to a CD in the DVD drive and just installed that way. Let me know if you'd rather do it that way..