Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM
TJ

Default Re: What cha Drivin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

do ****ing want
Old 03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Looking at the comments on that video reminds me how much I hate Mustang owners. They buy a Found On Road Dead and act like they own the world. The best are the ones that buy the auto V8's and act all tough.

That 'stang isn't too impressive though. You should see some of the ones I've seen on the drag strip.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
The Gumpster

Got a new truck about a month and a half ago. Ill get pics up later.
98 Chevy Silverado
Vortec 350-2 bolt main
4L60E 4 speed
RCLB
3.42 G80 Eaton locker
31" Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts
80k original miles
No rust
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Quote:
...isn't that too small of an engine for that turbo?
Nah it's big but it's specific to the car. I honestly would prefer something smaller for what I do with the car. My Talon had a smaller turbo on it and some people even dogged me about it but the fact of the matter is I was spooling hella lot quicker than they were and stayed consistant the whole time with it being an automatic.

Quote:
That 'stang isn't too impressive though. You should see some of the ones I've seen on the drag strip.
Today 06:17 PM
QFT

JB.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

Im not a huge fan of turbos...im more into what the engine alone can/will produce.......but if i were going to add an aftermarket performance upgrade id get a supercharger and blower but thats just me
Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Giggity..

Love the First on Race Day hate. Check this video out..

Evolution Performance Shelby GT500

Last edited by RSX99 : 03-31-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv Force View Post
Im not a huge fan of turbos...im more into what the engine alone can/will produce.......but if i were going to add an aftermarket performance upgrade id get a supercharger and blower but thats just me
*shrug* it really depends on what you're doing with the car. Putting a turbo in isn't always a good idea. It can even be worse than not having one. That's true for any aftermarket performance accessory though.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX99 View Post
Couple things came to mind.

I assume you're referring to drifting timmyshoota?If so, you'll need some drivetrain modifications to truly compete. You'll have a blast autox'ing.

About a wing on a FWD car. IMO, you're money can be either saved for your evo or on an actual upgrade to your car. If the car was RWD, I'd somewhat understand the wing.
Drifting is for RWD cars. I'm talking about road racing. I don't see driving around cones being as fun as tracking.

And when it comes to wings on FWD cars, they can be pretty functional. Downforce plays more of a role than people think. Downforce can provide stability at high speeds, and during braking, which is what my wing is designed for, and what the Mugen wing does, and its adjustable.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
Drifting is for RWD cars. I'm talking about road racing. I don't see driving around cones being as fun as tracking.

And when it comes to wings on FWD cars, they can be pretty functional. Downforce plays more of a role than people think. Downforce can provide stability at high speeds, and during braking, which is what my wing is designed for, and what the Mugen wing does, and its adjustable.
Well, AutoX is road racing. There are track and cone events. I can't wait for the season to start.

I think we'll butt heads on this one but my initial opinion remains regarding spoilers/wings on FWD cars. They're more cosmetic than functional since the drive wheels remain unaffected. If anything, the downforce pushes the rear of your car down while it raises the front up.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Public Enemy #1

Auto-x isn't road racing. Auto-x is racing in a parking lot or giant pad with cones. Road racing is on actual tracks.

You can think what you want about wings on a FWD car, but facts say otherwise. It doesn't raise the front end of the car, it just keeps the rear end planted and provides stability. When you brake hard, the rear end of the car lightens up, and a proper spoiler will provide downforce and keep it planted.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!