Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2006, 05:17 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

Default Re: MR1 Scope/Sight Rail Upgrade?

well yes you are right but at 35 yards most guns can hit you and they can see you with my empire twister i hit guys at 80-100 yards with a bipod.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

I mean feet
Old 04-14-2006, 05:43 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

I beleive you mean feet there, pb's can't go 300 feet unles you arc wayyyyyy up. Even then I'm, not sure if it would reach.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-15-2006, 04:12 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

yes i know.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:17 PM
The Modfather

i didn't think you could get a sight that was short enough to fit the rail on the MR1. and besides, how could you even see through it? the stock gets in the way when you try to aim with a mask on(i guess if you had a JT proteus you might be able to use it). you'd have to fine tune the sight pretty good for the lob, unless you had an Apex(which i do ) or a flatline, but the apex isn't very accurate, so... if you want a scope/ sight, then get a tippmann.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanDan
i didn't think you could get a sight that was short enough to fit the rail on the MR1. and besides, how could you even see through it? the stock gets in the way when you try to aim with a mask on(i guess if you had a JT proteus you might be able to use it). you'd have to fine tune the sight pretty good for the lob, unless you had an Apex(which i do ) or a flatline, but the apex isn't very accurate, so... if you want a scope/ sight, then get a tippmann.
JCS makes a set of short-rail offsets for the Weaver rail that allow you to mount a red dot. There are also a couple of other obscure options for fitting a sight to the MR1.

There is definitely a maximum range outside of which most red dot sights don't have sufficient adjustment to get dialed in for the longball arc.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
New Guy

Acutally you can use a site on the MR1. If you have a set of Kingman Java V-Tyoe Goggles, some weaver rail to dove tail adapters, and scope rings you can effectively use a scope or even a red dot.

To help with confort, I had one of the guys I work with to heat up and melt the stock to make it a little easier to see through.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 PM

Talking Re: MR1 Scope/Sight Rail Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha cow
with paintball you really cant use a red dot or a scope because of the somany variables of a paintball.
I plan to prove that wrong, but we'll see. :-)

To say that a red dot isn't useful for paintball basically is saying that intentionally aiming your gun at something/someone you wish to actually hit isn't useful.

Now if you're playing one of the cheesy paintball styles that has you dressed up in neon clothes on a golf putting course hiding behind giant inflated beach balls... Well, then yes aiming ultra-fast is of far more importance then aiming well. Such games are far more about how much paint you can spray and how fast you can sprint then they are about precision or thinking.

If that's what you're into, more power to you; I played more then my fair share of Quake which isn't really all that much different tactically. But if that is your game...why touch an MR1?

Someone buying an MR1 is much more likely to be a woodsball/urban/scenario or similar "large field" game player. While there's plenty of use in these games for spraying supressive fire...there's also considerable value on well aimed, precision shots...the kind of shots where the first two rounds fired are intended to hit the target...unlike speedball where the first few shots are simply tracer shots to figure where to aim the real shots...

(That all said...my red dot will be for aiming shots...the zoom scope is there for targeting (If you're not familar with a targeting scope, it's basically a teliscope for finding the enemy...typically it isn't even attached to a gun at all)).
Old 04-20-2006, 02:07 PM

Lightbulb Re: MR1 Scope/Sight Rail Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilc
JCS makes a set of short-rail offsets for the Weaver rail that allow you to mount a red dot. There are also a couple of other obscure options for fitting a sight to the MR1.

There is definitely a maximum range outside of which most red dot sights don't have sufficient adjustment to get dialed in for the longball arc.
Amazon lists an In Yo Face Off Set Gun Sight rail that looks like it should work? $15 bucks, cheap (but blue...blagh...needs a paint job...I can't find a black of it?)

So far as adjustment...yah, it would be nice to have rails that had gross elevation adjustments. For my big scope I'm going to try and zero it in for the arch at ~50 yards...but I'll probably have to shimmy the back of the Weaver rail up with washers...there's no way a dial with 1/4" clicks (1/2" at 50 yards...but still) is going to adjust near enough to compensate for an arch that's better messured in feet.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Exclamation Re: MR1 Scope/Sight Rail Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenin
Amazon lists an In Yo Face Off Set Gun Sight rail that looks like it should work? $15 bucks, cheap (but blue...blagh...needs a paint job...I can't find a black of it?)

So far as adjustment...yah, it would be nice to have rails that had gross elevation adjustments. For my big scope I'm going to try and zero it in for the arch at ~50 yards...but I'll probably have to shimmy the back of the Weaver rail up with washers...there's no way a dial with 1/4" clicks (1/2" at 50 yards...but still) is going to adjust near enough to compensate for an arch that's better messured in feet.

That IYF offset is for a 3/8" dovetail, not a 7/8" Weaver/Picatinny rail.