Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Whats the BFD with BPS? IDFK.

Default mr1 sight rail mod

Check it.

I think it would be good for BYUrdneck's Uzi.

Can anyone guess what it is made from?

I am doing a M4 right now, but when I do a sub machine gun, this is going on it. Depending on how you set it up you can make it into an open sight, handrail, or a stock. It is soild as a rock and can still be flipped around, just by loosening the bolts. I can think of about a million different ways you could configure it to look like a wire-frame skeleton stock. This was just what I settled on at first to get a proof of concept. If you replaced the metal frame with one you bent and shaped yourself, it could be any size or shape. You would only need the attachment. I don't really want to show the rest of the gun until it is finished, but I guess I need to for the sake of context. This will be my M4, so the sight/stock isn't appropos, but it gives you an idea of the size.

Last edited by mojobang : 05-01-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Open for ideas

Default Re: mr1 sight rail mod

Thats a good idea, but if is was a stock - it would have to be a lot longer to be able to shoulder it. Plus with the hopper and any type of sight, it would probably have to fold under the gun like this:

I measured for one on my MR-1 with the extended mag and I could run it - it would run the entire length of the gun. To make it I would have to custom bend a lot of metal and fabricate some sort of hinge stemming out of the original stock hole, encompassing the RVA and making it hollow to run the air lines out of. I could run micro line through the top of the trigger frame (like tech steve did) and into the hinge box and out the back via a remote nipple. here is a drawing of what I would do - man i love paint...

It would be a fun project to start - but unless money starts growing on trees, I will not be able to do it.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM

oh yeah, i meant you could replace the metal arm piece with whatever shape/length you wanted. the hinge is still completely functional, so you could make it into a sight, handrail, or stock, depending on the length and shape of the metal. all you need to do is loosen the bolt and the hinge flips up and down.

you would need some metal bar to bend and a bender. i will post another pic in a minute, with it configured a couple of ways. the metal piece can be used any number of ways. I am planning on having one piece of metal for a folding stock for my m-4 (got the barrel a few minutes ago!) and this one for a quick open sight. also, i can easily see how this one could be used as m-4 style handrail as well, just flip it upside down, and adjust the angle a little.

i will have some more pics up in a while.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
add 1,794 posts

looks cool
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM

here are some some other pics, to show you how the thing can move. It's the piece from a bicycle seat that allows you to adjust the seat angle. It grips to the seat post, so I removed it, hacksawed and dremeled the sharp edges, and then attached it to the main shaft of the cut-down (stock) stock where the seat post would normally go. If you replace the metal arm with some bar you bent, you could make any number of things.

Below is how I have it set up on my M4 until I get my rail and stock in the mail...just a couple of more days. Right now though, the cool thing is that it is so solid when you lock the bolts down you can actually carry the gun on the carry handle, and still use it like a sight, just like a real M4.

And then here's a pic of my fake suppressor, too. It's made of vacuum hose fittings. The holes were a ***** to drill. This, and the metal sight will be going on the SMG I am making when the M4 is all done.

Last edited by mojobang : 05-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Paintball Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUrdneck View Post

It would be a fun project to start - but unless money starts growing on trees, I will not be able to do it.
Love how that looks.

Quote:
imlancehello (7:08:35 PM): I was just getting into it because the U.S. was winning like everything.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
PWP Elite

that is a very good idea Mojo, and it looks clean. Yeah, finding some bar to bend with that setup could product some very unique stocks!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM

I hope I am actually the first to think of this. That would be cool!

I believe it is 1/4 inch round steel, but I'm no expert on metal.

Last edited by mojobang : 05-02-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:30 PM

where did u get ur chamber from?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

looks like an x7/a5 mag...

wow, i completely missed out on this thread! a few months ago, battlechaser and i were trying to figure out how to make a folding stock for a regular spyder. kind of like the combat shotgun from jurassic park. lemme see if i can find it...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes