Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Re: fill station.

I have an 80lb co2 tank at my field that I can get about 50-60 fills out of depending on the sizes. That 80lb tank costs me $23 to fill. Most will tell you that co2 isn't as good, but I shot compressed air for a summer and didnt notice a difference, it's only my opinion. But all in all for the price difference in the hpa and co2 tanks and the little bit of cost for the 80lb tank, for me I almost have to stick with co2. I also fill for at least 6 people per day that we play.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:03 AM
New Guy

It all depends on what you are looking for. CO2 wouldnt be a bad option as tex said but you run into problems based on what type of gun you use sometimes. If you like to rip a lot with a full auto or have a rocking trigger you can freeze up your bolt and lines with CO2 because of the low temp and the rate of which it is passing through. There isnt a lot of overall quality it shot difference most of the time but if you pay close attention you tend to get more consistent shots with compressed air, but its not like you are playing a tourney in your back yard so how much does that really matter. Another problem arises is that as the temperature gets colder with the seasons CO2 is a problem especially in the winter again with the cold weather and the properties of CO2. Your alternatives to this would be cascade multiple scuba tanks so that you can distribute the pressure loss over multiple tanks and prolong the amount of fills you can get at higher pressure. You could also look to lease a tank from a welding supplier. You may pay a little more but you can get a higer pressure tank and get more fills out of it. I guess it all comes down to personal air type preference and the kind of money you want to through around up front.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:12 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

What kind of money does it cost for an 80lb co2 tank like that, and do you need like some sort of permit to fill from one?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
New Guy

Not sure about cost, from general hear say cost is different from location to location. You would have to contact a local supplier for that. As for a permit not that I know of, all risk of personal damage to you or anyone else is assumed by you. You can look the price of a fill station and scale up online though, most pb websites have the stuff needed to fill co2 from a fill station.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

my dad has a co2 fill station. i use it a lot though so he will have to get it sent back again