Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

Default lacrosse?

hey for anyone out there who plays lacrosse, Im looking for a new stick, are there any reccommendations? I play highschool lacrosse, so it doesnt need to be too expensive, but im sick of mine, its a cheap and light 35 dollar stick. I hear warrior is good. Any suggestions on shafts and heads?

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Has Been

Default Re: lacrosse?

I have warrior stuff, and it is good. I dont play lacrosse, but in my area it is big and alot of other kids have it that i used to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Spyder Addict

Brine, hands down.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM

yeah ive been lookin at a few of brine's things, one of my friends has an awesome brine stick, but i dont know which head he has. I play attack, so I am kind of into heads with alot of whip in them for scoring, quicksticking, and quick passes. what head do you think would do well for that kind of stuff?

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Spyder Addict

hmm, its been a few years since i got mine (I play AAA so the hitting is pretty intense, and my brine shaft has yet to create a visible curve/bend/dent or anything, a testament to how well their shafts are made), so i dont know if they make the same head as i have, and even if they did, the model name/number is long rubbed off, but what i do suggest is a wide head at the top (maybe double to 2.5 the size of the ball wide) if you play with alot of picking up a bouncing ball, or of your team is okay passers, and most of the ball pickup is on the run, and you do alot of shooting, get a narrow head.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
<('.'<)C--('.'q)

yeah, here in PA, lax is a pretty big thing. badlands, if you've ever heard of Team Edge (A canadian travel lacrosse team), our team has played you guys.

right now, im using a warrior evolution pro head and a warrior kryptolite. its a good setup and i like it. If youre serious about lacrosse the heads i would suggest would be the evo pro by warrior or the brine clutch. There are a lot of good heads in the market so just do some research.

As for shafts, i would suggest a warrior krypolite. Its not too expensive and is light yet pretty durable. hope this helps a little.

One heart, One love, One Gun.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:33 AM

yeah my friend has a kryptolite, that thing is sick, i like the weight of it, i have an STX al6000 and its ridiculously light and easy to bend up. my head is an stx av8, so theres nothing special. ill check out those heads, Ive heard of the evo, ill have to read some reviews on them soon. thanks for the help guys

SNIPER

Old 03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Public Enemy #1

I have a Warrior Kryptolite shaft. I've had it for 7 years, and its still great. Light, strong, and not a bad price.

There's a good chance none of those heads are even made anymore, which is sad. Warrior makes some awesome offset heads, but my experiences have been bad. I went through 4 Evolutions, and my teammate went through 3 Evolutions and 4 Revolutions.

IMO you don't want a stick with a lot of whip. I used to set my heads up with a balance between whip and release. I obviously wanted something with a decent amount of whip playing attack, but I also wanted quick release for shooting. I found my happy medium. I really miss lacrosse. If I didn't have so much other stuff going on, I'd join the adult league we have locally.

I could possibly part ways with one of my sticks too. I've got one of the STX shafts that is comparable to the Warrior Platinum shaft, and a few heads.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Spyder Addict

ok, so i took a look at mine , and low and behold it still has the name on it. Anyway, its an brine ignite team canada edition special edition. the head is the same too, except its just a normal ignite head custom stringed.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:16 PM
12/26/03

Nobody does high school lacrosse like Loyola Blakefield

I don't really know to much about lacrosse, but have fun anyways!

Timmyshoota(Chris) knows a thing or two.