Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
New Guy

Default Re: Turning an MR1 into a sniper

Well its opinion, mixed with conditons and what brand of paint. Im using draxxus midnight lol but im playing in canada so the colds bound to affect the ball. All im saying is this (i mihgt as well make a new thread)...When your ball goes out of the barrel its going a certin speed, lets say 280fps, when the apex puts the spin it dosent affect the speed the balls going at, only the rotation of the ball. The rotation that the balls going at only throws a ball in that ariea. But if you use a SP 14" liniar and a apex going at the same speed, the apex will probably go farther but it needs a speed for it to break. Since the ball isnt gaining any speed from the apex tip they are both going relitivly the same speed! Anyone disagree?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Life is peachy

I commented on this on your other thread

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
New Guy

hey , i have a mr3 and i like to mod into a sniper but i dont know what barrel is best, i was thinking in a flatline barrel can you tell me
thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3bbo View Post
hey , i have a mr3 and i like to mod into a sniper but i dont know what barrel is best, i was thinking in a flatline barrel can you tell me
thanks
Well, if you are running a spyder, you're not going to get a flatline because that is only for tippmans. I guess if you are super good at machining things you may be able to make it work but the design would be a nightmare to try to adapt it to a spyder.

I took this from wikipedia:

"The term 'Paintball snipers' is one of the biggest controversies in paintball today. Snipers in the military are known for their skill and accuracy in long-range combat that sometimes spans over a kilometer. In paintball, such long-range accuracy is impossible, due to the quality, shape and composition of paintballs and the delivery method of carbon dioxide, compressed air or nitrogen. Nevertheless, there are woodsballers and speedballers who carry the title 'paintball sniper', but only for their singular accuracy when compared with other players. It should be noted that many players see the label of sniper as a contradiction. Therefore, the effort by many marksmen today is to be called 'marksmen' instead of 'sniper' can be understood."

So with that being said the best a "marksman" can hope to achieve is the ablility to be accurate with their shots and be concealed in the enviroment around them. A "sniper/marksman" will never be able to get the long range hits in unless they use one of these "back spin" barrels(i.e.: Apex or Tippman's flat line which puts back spin on the ball to achieve lift while traveling through the air. this inturn gives you more distance but you may lose impact velocity).

PBNTrust
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

honestly, i think the best "sniper" gun in paintball would have to be a pump w/ a barrel kit. if you get it to give you a really good recharge rate and paint-to-bore match, your velocity should have a very low fluctuation, like +/- 2-5 fps, meaning your shots will land in almost exactly the same spot every time.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
honestly, i think the best "sniper" gun in paintball would have to be a pump w/ a barrel kit. if you get it to give you a really good recharge rate and paint-to-bore match, your velocity should have a very low fluctuation, like +/- 2-5 fps, meaning your shots will land in almost exactly the same spot every time.
I always thought that my pumps were way more accurate than any of the semi's that I have owned. You get the occasional screw ball but that is probably more from the paint than anything... I like that idea DF...

PBNTrust
Old 03-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

thank you. while writing that, i started planning out my spring break project for my new pump (when it finally gets here...hopefully tomorrow, but i doubt it because USPS hasnt updated any tracking info in over 24 hours...)
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Run or I will back up!

I have a 14" J&J, as well as the 16" J&J, and currently using a M4 BT Mil-Sim 16" barrel. I find when sighting my gun in, the 16" barrels give much better accuracy with more of a straighter looking shot than the 14". The 12" barrel that came with the gun was ok, but nothing like the 16".

GO WITH A 16" J&J.

My two cents.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Veteran Noob

Pump markers DO make good snipers. Not because they shoot further, but because they are SOOOO much quieter.

Black Kingman Spyder MR1
12" J&J Ceramic
Rap 4 M16 Hanguard & Sight
Ricochet AK 9V
Trinity Clamping Feedneck
ACP Delrin Bolt
Shocktech Spring Kit
Custom Short Pull Mech Trigger
Side To Side Trigger Play Reduction
Laser Sight Under Handguard
45 Degree Offset Rail
Leapers Red/Green Dot Sight
Spyder Remote
Collapsible Car Stock
Custom Sling
--------------------------------
Tiberius Tac8 Pistol Side Arm

My Home Field: www.lvpsouth.com
Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 AM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Dub_Spyder View Post
Pump markers DO make good snipers. Not because they shoot further, but because they are SOOOO much quieter.
I have heard some loud pumps. But you don't have the noise that comes from the of the cycle of the marker. I don't think that anyone can dispute the "farther" atribute. That's been covered.

PBNTrust