Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Banned

Default Re: 06 Electra Battery Draining

So since you have tested it do you know where the power is going too? eyes? memory? any idea?
Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
New Guy

I unlugged the eyes, the trigger and the solenoid and it still draws power so it is being consumed elsewhere.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 AM
The Black Parade is DEAD!

I hate to bring up "dead" threads, but did we ever find out what is causing the battery to drain? I too, have the same problem, so I've been keeping the battery out from the marker when not in use.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 AM

I wonder if that big cap is slowly draining the battery. IF not engineered correctly the cap would still charge and then drain slowly.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:44 PM
New Guy

I was going to send it in, I did manage to get a decent response from Kingman support via email and he did speak of a few different scenarios that could cause my battery to die (at that time i didn't know it was draining so i thought my battery was only good for 500 shots or something silly the day after i charged it). He said ppl were charging incorrectly or he was fixing one guys board and found it wasn't connected properly somewhere. Eitherway it was kinda bs because basically we all know now (those who own the gun) that it is just the board that drains battery while off. I for one am too lazy and too reluctant to send it in for "repair". I also don't think they can fix it lol or that they would....anyhow that's just what I think.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:40 PM
New Guy

This is the exact email I got from Kingman about the battery:

At this time there have been a very small number of markers that has had this anomaly and we are trying to figure out what is causing the battery to drain by itself. Not every single marker has had this issue and until we pin point the cause of it we will not be able to manufacture a replacement circuit board to replace those that has the problem.

Seems to me that everyone that has an 06 is complaining of it. They previously told me to just take the battery out of it, which in my opinion, I shouldnt have to do with a new gun. He did say that I would be given a free battery until the fix could be made. I guess thats better than nothing.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 PM

Jeeze, I hope they figure it out soon, cause everyone I've heard that has one has this problem.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
New Guy

im not really pissed off about it or anything, it's just a bit annoying, other than that i'm very pleased with the marker and it's performance.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I Paintball with my Grandchildren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyalume
This is the exact email I got from Kingman about the battery:

At this time there have been a very small number of markers that has had this anomaly and we are trying to figure out what is causing the battery to drain by itself. Not every single marker has had this issue and until we pin point the cause of it we will not be able to manufacture a replacement circuit board to replace those that has the problem.

Seems to me that everyone that has an 06 is complaining of it. They previously told me to just take the battery out of it, which in my opinion, I shouldnt have to do with a new gun. He did say that I would be given a free battery until the fix could be made. I guess thats better than nothing.
I received the very same response when I emailed them. A free battery

Old 07-31-2006, 09:14 AM

Well, a free backup battery isn't so bad, since they sell for like, $10.