Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Official Flame Therapy

***EDIT - this sounded like I was jumping on you, but I wasn't. I just don't like the stereotype students throw on teachers. For every bad teacher a school has, there are always 4-5 in the general vicinity that are working hard to make it better for the student....***

***Edit again - oh crap! I wrote another book - sorry!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball0308
This shows that teachers can be major asswholes and when kids say that teachers hate them they arent always lying.
You know, that's true - it's a fact. Teachers are human after all, and subject to the same emotions and feelings students are. But don't forget, students can be major *******s as well. In fact, more times than not, the student IS lying. I'm not defending that teacher, nor the ones that got after me yesterday - I just don't like the generalizations that most students put on us teachers. By the way, we teachers don't always like the students we teach - and we don't have to. It just helps if we do!

It's when students try to make teachers into something NOT human and incapable of having feelings the trouble starts. The teacher can never live up to the students expectations, while the student is FORCING this perception upon the teacher. I try very hard to understand that students are going through a new set of feelings and emotions, but I also try to make them understand that EVERYONE has been through what they're going through and that being a **** isn't going to make things better for them. Students should try and understand the teacher's side as well - there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. How do you know his wife didn't cheat on him, or his dog died, or maybe he got his ass reamed by his boss that day (because he's a jerk like you said?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball0308
One day after a test there was an assignment and I wasnt doing it because it wasnt for a grade and it was too easy.
As far as I'm concerned, if I had made the assignment and you weren't doing it, even after being told to, I probably would have punished you as well. Not go so far as keep your stuff from you, of course, but because you were disrespectful and on a powertrip (yup, I said it! When a student decides not to work even even when it's a crap assignment, that's the student saying, "You can't make me," and it's a total power trip struggle.)

When you decided YOU didn't have to do the assignment because it was "too easy" and "not for a grade", you were the one being the jerk, I don't care if you were talking or not. Students have to understand that they aren't the ones in control of the classroom, the teacher is - no matter how much of a **** he is. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. Period. Trust me, you'll have bosses your whole life just like that and the sooner you learn to deal with them, the better. I tell my students to always assume everything is for a grade, even if it's not because I can be **** enough to go ahead and give it a grade just because you didn't do it - I've been known to do it, actually!

Oh, flame therapy! Um, I hate going to the gym and walking/running for almost a full month and gaining 5 pounds, and getting a bigger belly!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Oh, flame therapy! Um, I hate going to the gym and walking/running for almost a full month and gaining 5 pounds, and getting a bigger belly!
I'm quite sure you didn't need to throw that in there, the rest of your monologue did the trick.

But I need to...um...I hate broken drivers door handles. Its a pain to get my car door open.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:39 PM
wat

Vike my mom used to teach 7th grade and she quit because of the politics too. The teachers are just as bad (if not worse) than the students when it comes to gossip and fighting. This year she started a job at a community college and she loves it..
Old 08-26-2006, 05:52 PM
RaWr

Vike get out of my closet.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 08-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
Red, you should have never built him that library bedroom!!!!!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Spyder Addict

The last two weeks of marching band sucked

let me start off with I play the trumpet and hate my section leader C**** as our leader but she's also oneof my friends. All weeks she pissed me of with slacking on the job so I finally snapped at her and she's mad at me and I have to fix that on monday.

Everyone agrees that our colorguards outfits are funny looking and in the hallway I hold back a laugh at this girl R***** wearing one.
She thinks I was checking her out cause my face got all giddy from holding In the laugh. I explain I was laughing at the costume she thinks I was making fun of her and she good friends with the captain A***** .
This ends with colorguard chasing me around the school but the stayed together instead of beings mart and splitting up.
After10 min Igive up and letthem catch me the chew me out and threaten me
The captain A***** and her friend R***** are still pissed.

names were censored to protect privacy
Old 08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

no but I did not tell him that he said to me "why arent you doing the work, you know what get out of my class." I didnt do anything to him ever and I'm not a bad student I get A's and B's and I never talk back to teachers so thats what i'm saying. I dont like teachers that are negative because they dont give the motivation to succeed. I understand what your saying and it makes perfect sense.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
Just making sure you don't go back in! Oh, um, wait - should I have not said that?

Old 08-27-2006, 08:30 AM
In Heaven with the Goodie Goodies dressed in white

I just broke a hole in my wall...
Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

you broke a hole? that is impressive.....get angry much?