Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2006, 12:32 PM
The Black Parade is DEAD!

Default Politics in my opinion

I know I have no real authority on the subject-matter, but I really don't like seeing political threads being posted anymore. Almost everytime I see one, its turns into a flame war. People have different views on political matters, and what was once an intelligent discussion becomes a total argument. If I say something bad about one of the polictal leaders, someone gets mad and says something bad back. Flamethrowers out and ready.

When I read about scandels and jokes that went wrong and other bad news in the paper, and I think, "Are we suppose to be fighting each other?" Either you're all red or all blue, for or against, patriotic or unpatriotic, right or wrong, left or right. I see people my age either for one or the other, with no middle ground at all, no thought for themselves other then its what their parents are, or what the media says.

I'd like to see people talking about politics in a civil manner, here on our humble forum and in general. I know I have no right to control any of that, but I'd be a nice change.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned

Default Re: Politics in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpObjects
I'd like to see people talking about politics in a civil manner, here on our humble forum and in general. I know I have no right to control any of that, but I'd be a nice change.
**** right we're humble. we're the humblest mof's on the whole internet
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Internet politickin' is worthless. Like you said, it always turns into a flame war because the computer comandos are safe behind their monitors at home. The true test of patriotism is going out and voting and standing up for their government and troops, and too often people are quick to speak crap and support their beliefs with what they've heard mommy and daddy say, or what they've read in other forums like this one or *gasp* the politics forum at BSnation.

Personally, I would prefer if NO politics ever came up, but who am I to say what goes on here?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM

You always have the option of not clicking your mouse on a political thread. It is like internet voting
Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

I stay out of politics. Enough said.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon by Fire
You always have the option of not clicking your mouse on a political thread. It is like internet voting
FTW. Some people enjoy discussing it. If you don't enjoy it, no one is forcing you to be there..I do think we have had too many lately though..
Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
The Black Parade is DEAD!

I enjoy discussing it, but as I scroll down, I see the comments get more disrespectful. And I don't want to post my opinion, since it will get me against some people. I do enjoy a good political talk, its just no one can keep things that might start something to themselves.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:34 PM

I like politics, but it is usually best to avoid discussions of politics and religions when possible. Usually on the internet, it is always a train wreck...LOL
Old 11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
12/26/03

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Internet politickin' is worthless. Like you said, it always turns into a flame war because the computer comandos are safe behind their monitors at home.
I disagree... politics usually turns into a flame war whenever, wherever, unless you are in a real debate.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
10/19/03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon by Fire
I like politics, but it is usually best to avoid discussions of politics and religions when possible. Usually on the internet, it is always a train wreck...LOL
QFT