Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Matrix Connoisseur

Default Re: so my comp is the super suck

yeah, just find an XP CD and reformat. it doesnt matter where you get it, if you got your computer from a major company, the CD key should be on a sticker somewhere on the case. plus, you shouldnt even really need to CD key unless you register with microsoft.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

but you HAVE to register within 30 days or you'll have to install it again...unless you have XP Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf7301
A cheap easy upgrade is to just increase your RAM. Doubling your RAM to 512 should be enough for the time being. That'll provide a temporary fix until your ready to get a new comp.
itll help a little, but the best way to increase the performance is to get a new processor (but you gotta have the $$)
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

microsoft is crippling all nonregistered OS'es and cracking down on piracy soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:53 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Microsft ftl.

Either reformat or buy one of those cheap dells, your comp is prettymuch useless for most stuff right now.

If all you do is web browse and stuff, may I suggest Ubuntu Linux. Faster than windows. No spyware or viruses, and its freeeee. Plus its easy to install and run.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Banned

wow that sucks, get a new one
Old 11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
Microsft ftl.

Either reformat or buy one of those cheap dells, your comp is prettymuch useless for most stuff right now.

If all you do is web browse and stuff, may I suggest Ubuntu Linux. Faster than windows. No spyware or viruses, and its freeeee. Plus its easy to install and run.
yes Microsoft ftl.... they are such jerks for adding a part in the code that stops you from stealing 80 dollars plus all in one download. oh and ftl too if you'd suggest that being the most used OS as deserving a loss. the whole hating microsoft thing is retarded. you see problems in microsoft's products? fix them. and sell the fix. jesus people learn economics and quit whining.

i cant buy a dell cuz my dad worked for hp for 15 years and is a stone cold suporter. and i dont get my new computer until college (im a junior).

not ALL i do is webbrowse. i use dreamweaver, ps cs2, flash 8, and lots of modeling but recently i havent been able to... nor have i had any ideas since ive been sketching up stuff for halloween preperations (yes next year)

i need to fix THIS, and i cant find ram since the chips i have are some wierd number of pins. i will be getting a new hard drive soon i think.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Spyder Addict

Yeah my laptop does the same thing, it takes about 20 min to start up and 30 minutes just to get the internet explorer started and you cant run any programs without it taking like 2 hours to start.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Not too new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Lud08
Yeah my laptop does the same thing, it takes about 20 min to start up and 30 minutes just to get the internet explorer started and you cant run any programs without it taking like 2 hours to start.
Thats the exact problem I had with mine. Your hard drive is probably damaged. I got mine replaced and the computer is back up to speed.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 11-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
microsoft is crippling all nonregistered OS'es and cracking down on piracy soon.
are you sure its non-registered? i know the site says that it checks for authenticity when you try dl'ing WMP10 and stuff but it still works everytime my friend or i tried.

because it's the professional version, you can use it on as many computers as you want, as long as its for education, and teaching yourself to build pcs is pretty educational IMO
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Banned

uh... well i dont have the disk guys. my dad said it didnt come with one.