Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 05:03 AM
ALW4Y5 TH1NKIN9

Default I can't believe he bought it!

A friend of mine wants to get into paintball, but didn't have a marker. He told me that he wanted to stay under $100 because he doesn't know how much he will play. We are having a little paintball outing this coming Saturday, so he wanted to buy one and try it out. I recommended several different Spyders that he could pick up for under $100, but ultimately it was his decision. Well, this is what he bought:

Most everyone here has seen this, either a pic or the video, so I know it's old news. But I almost lost all bodily functions laughing so hard when I saw it in person. He told me that he got a really good deal on it ($99 in a kit)! I thought that I'd better bite my tongue and not rip on it too much because that will discourage him. So I tried to point out some positives on the marker and said that we will give it a workout on Saturday and see how it performs.

I'm still in shock.

If I get a chance to shoot it, I'll try to put an update here (although I doubt it really matters).
Old 10-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Banned

Default Re: I can't believe he bought it!

backhand him
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 AM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
backhand him
And then when he looks at you in shock of what you did, backhand him again, continue until there is a clear print of the back of your hand on his face and he is crying for you to stop. Only then can he be forgiven for his sin.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 10-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

ahhhhh whyd you have to post the picture of the blue one.... now i cant get that "im blue" song out of my head.... its like killer bees
Old 10-30-2006, 06:24 AM
ALW4Y5 TH1NKIN9

I think he almost cried when I started to laugh. Believe me, I tried for a Spyder. I don't think I want to try to backhand him. He's about 12 inches taller and weighs probably 50 pounds more. I'll just take it out on him on the field.

Triumph w/ gravity feed loader vs. Pilot w/ Empire Reloader B...you do the math.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:28 AM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkh2o
I think he almost cried when I started to laugh. Believe me, I tried for a Spyder. I don't think I want to try to backhand him. He's about 12 inches taller and weighs probably 50 pounds more. I'll just take it out on him on the field.

Triumph w/ gravity feed loader vs. Pilot w/ Empire Reloader B...you do the math.
Me with Triumph and grav feed vs. you with Angel A1 and VLocity, the math is the same either way, just make sure you factor in the players ability...

But anyway, I am looking for a full review I refuse to sell those things in my store so I havent gotten the chance to shoot one yet.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

poor guy
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Certainly not defending the marker or your friend but he is a noob right? All he'll need now is a red sweatshirt and pair of blue jeans and he'll completely look the part -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 10-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Certainly not defending the marker or your friend but he is a noob right? All he'll need now is a red sweatshirt and pair of blue jeans and he'll completely look the part -

woah

sooo true

i was debating on getting one of them to mess around with, but i chose not to

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy
woah

i was debating on getting one of them to mess around with, but i chose not to
glad you came to your senses...