Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: My new MR2 and how it performed this pass weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf7301
Glad you like your MR and had a good time. Might i suggest that you stick with the stock ACS bolt unless you decide to upgrade to eyes. From what i've seen, several people have had chopping issues and it all seems to be from people who have changed their bolts. Just an observation i've noticed. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Weird I've read the contrary that AC o-ringed bolt reduce chops
Old 01-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Well the AC o-ringed bolt will reduce blowby up the feedneck which helps feed balls faster and reduce chops but the MR has that odd offset feedneck which slows down the feeding of the balls a little bit. That reduced feed rate along with no anti-chop system is bound to cause chops. A good combination is a force feed hopper that tensions the ball stack with the ACS bolt. The force feed hopper will overcome any blowby and should feed faster than you will shoot while the ACS will not chop a ball that happens to not get all the way into the chamber.

sry about hijacking the thread.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 PM

ZincUSA,

Funny, I am looking at the same exact setup you have. It sounds like everything flows pretty well through your setup. Things still good-to-go? Have you came across any parts you'd change out or suggestions on what to get instead.?.

BTW, first post here, just joined today.

-Burnz
Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Knuckle Shot

Welcome aboard.

The only thing I've changed is the stock striker spring with a medium spring, which was done after the post above.

If your chopping into the feedneck, what is your velocity reading? I now one person who, with the same setup as us, chopped like a blender until he chrono'd and adjusted it below 280fps.