Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I Paintball with my Grandchildren

Default Re: Grandpa's work in progress

Well I put some paint thru it today. It did surprisingly well considerering the short barrel. Not as loud with the paint as compared to dry firing. Accuracy is decent considering, but nothing to write home about. It handled all modes of firing and no ball breaks(yeaaa) more to come

Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

The efficiency will go to hell with that short barrel. The ball has no time to reach velocity(6" HP 8" LP) so to compensate you'll have to increase the volume of pressure to reach a decent velocity. It's a similar affect with longer barrels but a bit different. The extended drag requires more pressure volume. If the barrel has no porting, once the ball reaches a certain distance(don't have the scientific data) rather than a push, the ball creates a suction which slows it down. More volume is required to compensate for the suction -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Spyder Addict

You do good work captain!

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about a milsim project before...Maybe after my GZ restore!
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
The efficiency will go to hell with that short barrel. The ball has no time to reach velocity(6" HP 8" LP) so to compensate you'll have to increase the volume of pressure to reach a decent velocity. It's a similar affect with longer barrels but a bit different. The extended drag requires more pressure volume. If the barrel has no porting, once the ball reaches a certain distance(don't have the scientific data) rather than a push, the ball creates a suction which slows it down. More volume is required to compensate for the suction -
I understand what your saying. But I'm not having a problem reaching a decent velocity, it's to much velocity. It's shooting way to hard.I know in theory it doesn't make sense. I have a spring kit on the way and plan on some more tuning when it arrives. As far as efficiency goes i haven't shot it enough to really tell.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 PM

Smile Re: Grandpa's work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgrandpa
...SMG 3" barrel....and the M4 stock from RAP4(which i don't recommend)had to modify it to fit good.
Love the shorty barrel. I use an End Game Stub Nose 3-incher on my Tippmann A-5, and it's cool.

Yeah, I prefer the APP Hittmann M4 car-stock for Spyders. It fits the MR1 really nicely, has four positions, and has a built-in tools-free rear velocity adjuster for $40-$60 depending on vendor. The sad part is that out of the box the RVA doesn't actually work properly, and you have to do a cheap DIY mod to fix it. Once you do, it's a very sweet (and convenient) setup...

Old 04-06-2007, 09:22 AM

It's now VS3 Sniper's work in progress. He bought it. I'm sure he'll post up some more pics.