Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Life is peachy

Default Re: Bought a new MR1 last weekend... wat to add first?

I have an MR1 and that thing is a work horse I have to say that is my Sh** and abuse gun I use it all winter long (Canadian winters, we play as low as -20 below freezing) and it gets covered in snow the barrel fills up with snow and it just keeps on going. I had one problem when the striker o-ring streached and thats it. That was an easy fix and not a word of a lie on the scenario I last went to it was -18 below freezing and anyone with a spyder was playing all the tippy guys were huddled around the fire wondering why there markers wouldnt shoot.

As for the Q-loader I have never had that problem how tight are your prewinds? i really like the Q-loader infact i just bought another one now i have 2. But i will agree it is a pain with the 100 RND pods you seem to run out when you need it most. But other then that its great.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
New Guy

i played with it again and decided it defiantly needs better accuracy and a hopper. i blew a few blanks today. so im thinking a 16" or 18" j&j barrel for accuracy, wat do u think? is there any thing else i can do for straight shots
Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 AM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

Apex would allow you to control the curve of the ball. Personally, my Smart Parts Progressive 14" is one of the more accurate barrels out there.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 04-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Life is peachy

if you want accuracy the best thing to get is a barrel kit. I have a 7 peice Empire one and i love it. i also mounted the Apex tip to it. Your accuracy to an extent is controlled by paint to barrel match. By using a barrel kit you can get as close as you dare regardless of the paint you choose to use.
I have also used the 14" Progressive and that is a great barrel i had that on my MR2 for a long time. It's a good choice to. The Apex barrel is another one i have and i love it however I just take the tip off and put it on whatever barrel i choose.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gascan1888 View Post
i played with it again and decided it defiantly needs better accuracy and a hopper. i blew a few blanks today. so im thinking a 16" or 18" j&j barrel for accuracy, wat do u think? is there any thing else i can do for straight shots
IMO you don't need an 18" unless you are going to be sniping. A 16" would be good, but personally I love my 14" J&J. I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if the barrel gets too long, accuracy will still increase, but at the cost of velocity, which could affect whether or not the ball breaks. I think 14" is a good compromise between the two. My 2 cents
Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
New Guy

yeh im gona go with the 16" wen i have the money. but hopefully my new bolt will be here soon
Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
don't let your meat loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderguy208 View Post
IMO you don't need an 18" unless you are going to be sniping. A 16" would be good, but personally I love my 14" J&J. I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if the barrel gets too long, accuracy will still increase, but at the cost of velocity, which could affect whether or not the ball breaks. I think 14" is a good compromise between the two. My 2 cents
It doesn't matter if you shoot 280 fps from a 2" barrel or a 20" barrel. Once it comes out of the barrel it will still go the same distance. It just takes more air to move it through the 20" barrel and still shoot 280 fps. Longer barrels just hold the ball in a straighter path longer and objects that are in motion tend to follow the path that they are directed. The only barrels that will increase distance are the APEX and the FLATLINES. They do this by putting backspin on the ball, which in turn causes lift. That is why those balls seem to be "floating" when they are just out of range... you may experience impact velocity issues with these type of shots...

PBNTrust
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Life is peachy

longer barrels do not increase your accuracy at all, its a myth. What determins accuracy is a good paint to bore match. I have used the apex alot and have never had trouble with the ball not breaking I find it to be one of the best barrels out there IMO. With that being said i have the apex tip on my Empire 7 peice barrel kit. That way i have the longer shots if I want or, if I am within range I have the best accuract i can get because of the good paint to barrle match.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:36 PM
New Guy

Well my new bolt should be here tomrow, i just ordered my 16" j&j, and a apache Ricochet, plus a few O rings and a new squeegee. so ill have to see how i like it now.

Last edited by gascan1888 : 04-22-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
New Guy

well i got it all put together and thought i would post a few pics.

although i was having a hell of a time with chopping balls. im gona try to swap detents and hopefuly that will work.