Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Turning an MR1 into a sniper

get the apex, not for distance, but for accuracy. you can do some simple math with a red dot adjuster to get the correct distance, as the apex forces the ball to fly straight, rather than at a curve.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:21 PM
One Shot

I have a 16 inch tactical and I found the best paint to use is called xball. It has an orange and black checkered pattern on it. It’s a nice fit in the barrel. (Wont roll down it if you place it inside. but slides easily (this is so less co2 escapes around the ball for more accuracy) I’ve been known to get 200 or more feet head shots from time to time)
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

urban legand.

after a certian point it takes more air to push the ball out of the barrel.
remeber 280fps=280fps a longer barrel mean more air and you cant go too short either.

Feedback +18/0
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM

Speed,

I have 2 MR1’s and I have owned them for about a year now. I have tried a lot of different things with them including the 20" J&J, which I shot a few times and gave up on because for me it was not accurate and used more air, it was also hard to clean.

I also like to snipe and here are my two setups:

#1 – Low Presure MR1

• MR1 body with E-MR1 trigger.
• Freak Kit with Apex Tip – 14” in total length.
• Rocket Valve (self contained valve with built in spring).
• Shocktech Spring Kit (4 springs, more choices than stock spring kit).
• Replaced the MR1 Reservoir Pin with a custom made reservoir (4” long, 11/32” bore) with gauge.
• Replaced the MR1 Mag and air hose with a Bob Long regulator mounted to the marker vertically using a Palmers Pursuit NPT to ASA adapter.
• RAP 4 Flexi Air Stock with a 13ci 3000 PSI tank inside an adjustable CAR Stock. The Flexi Air stock is connected to the Bob Long Regulator by a hose and 2 swivel 90 degree fittings.
• HALLO TSA Frontman Sound activated hopper. (I will replace this with a Q-Loader directly mounted to the feed neck)
• Alamo City Anti-Chop Bolt with two O-Rings
• Alamo City Lightweight Stryker.
• MR2 Handle and 40mm Red/Green Dot Sight.

The above setup is self contained in that it does not have a remote line nor does it have a tank attached to the bottom of the grip. The tank is the stock and when I get the Q-Loader it will be a lot lower in profile.

This setup is running at LP - 300 PSI @ 275 FTP +/- 5 fps. I get about 250 ~ 300 shots from the 13ci 3000psi tank. I have not had any chops or paint break inside the barrel, I mainly use Scenario X-Bball, Marbleizes, and some pink fill paint from Wal-Mart (only when they get a fresh batch).

#2 – Home mod Low(er) Pressure E-MR1

This one was setup for all out assaults, and is made up with home mod to get a Low(er) Pressure operation.

• E-MR1 with Polished internals – Barrel swab doped with aluminum polish and ran on a bench drill for a few hours.
• Freak Kit with Apex Tip – 14” in total length.
• Stock Spyder Valve bored out to allow a larger volume of air to flow.
• Stock Valve Pin modified to allow more air flow.
• Stock valve spring replaced with the black cone shaped spring that comes in the kit. I was able to use this spring by modifying the MR1 Reservoir Pin. This spring is a lot softer than the stock silver spring.
• Stock gold Spyder Stryker Spring (hardest).
• Stock striker polished to a mirror finish using a buffer and polishing compound.
• Alamo City Anti-Chop bolt with two O-Rings
• Custom made reservoir mounted inside the MR1 mag (4” long, 11/32” bore)
• Eclipse regulator mounted to a Custom Products ASA attached to the stock drop forward. I attached a quick disconnect nipple to the regulator for the remote.
• Remote line and a 45ci 4500psi tank.
• HALLO TSA Frontman hopper.

This setup gives me 400 PSI @ 275 FTP +/- 5 fps.

Those are my two main markers. A lot of people would say I spent a lot of time and money on a marker that’s only $80, but I have it exactly the way I like it for the prepuce they serve.

IMO, if you want to be a sniper, you need to be low profile and quiet. Hence the tank as a stock and low pressure operation. It is very important to have a barrel kit, gives you a lot more choices in paint and allows you to use whatever is available at that time.

I also have an Alamo Low Blow bolt, but I do not use it as it does not give me a on/off option. The APEX allows me to turn it on/off whenever I want to. Having choices is #1!!!

Sorry for the long post I hope there is something here that you can use.

If you would like to see some pictures e-mail me. They are currently in peaces as I am re-polishing internals and replacing O-Rings, but I should have them all back together in a few days – arpphoto@yahoo.com

Thanks

Adam
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
New Guy

pics?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
pics?
Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you pics - arpphoto@yahoo.com