Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Halo B- MR-2

Kso im getting a Halo B for $118Canadian ....my MR-2 has the "good" black detents...do i still need to worry about balls being pushed past the detents by the halo b?
Does the Halo B still have a problem with dark paint?
Is it better then the VLocity Jr. and is it worth it with my MR-2?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 AM
MR2 X-style

Default Re: Halo B- MR-2

Halo b, for me, did the trick with the chopping problems I had with my MR2. Then once I added the timmy detents,(still double feeded with the "good"black MR2 detents) that stopped the double feeding. So I wouldn't worry about timmy detents giving out on you, they typically are on tourny grade markers that have higher ROF and mostly use force fed hoppers.

I couldn't give you any advice or experience on dark balls, I rarely ever use them. maybe someone else can chime in.

Definately will work well with your MR2, just read some of the past threads and you will see alot of people boasting their halo b as their cure all for chopping problems and keeping up with ALL modes of the marker.

Good luck in your choice.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 AM
EM1 Tech guy

I had double shooting problems with my halo but swaped a 9v in & no problems now. Kinda detuned it but I still cant out run it like my old revvy.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
South Texas Woodsballer

I have a Halo B and the black (Intimidator) ball detents also, I don't have a single chop.

South Texas Woodsballer
Check out me and my gear
Old 08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
New Guy

When people refer to the balls being pushed past the detents, that's when an extra ball winds up in the barrel, right? I used my MR2 for the first time last week and shot full auto (I have a Halo B with the V35 board). There were no chops what so ever, but I leaned the barrel forward, and a paintball just rolled out! That's double feeding and I need those other detents, right?

- Ecomm
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
EM1 Tech guy

The rolling out part is from small balls/large bore barrel. But basicly double feeding.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Life is peachy

I use the Halo B with rip drive and victory board, I use the standered black stock detents that came with my marker and i havent had any trouble overfeeding. I have my hopper set on setting 3 that feeds 24 BPS. I dont think you would have any trouble at all.
Out of curiosity I looked into getting new detents and asked for timmys, the tech at tactical paintball told me they are all the same, its clear this isnt true, but what is the difference between the MR2 stock detents and timmys?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

i compared the detents

the timmy detents are a little bit bigger and thicker, other than that its almost the same, but they seem to work better than the stock detents which where kind of worn,

the stock detents just seem to wear out quicker, but for a $1 for 6 detents its not a bad of a idea

if your stock detents are starting to slip, go ahead na d get some timmy detents
Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Confucious say, Man with hole in pocket feel cocky ALL day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk
i compared the detents

the timmy detents are a little bit bigger and thicker, other than that its almost the same, but they seem to work better than the stock detents which where kind of worn,

the stock detents just seem to wear out quicker, but for a $1 for 6 detents its not a bad of a idea

if your stock detents are starting to slip, go ahead na d get some timmy detents
Agreed: I did a side-by-side comparison as well. I found the Timmy detents to be a little longer and DEF. stiffer than the original's! I had alittle bit of a hard time cramming the Timmy detent in my marker, but with a little "finger lovin" it fits in SNUG.

Two weekends ago I was having all kinds of trouble with my marker though...
I am using :
MR2
Halo B w/ rip drive & a V35 Board
Trinity clamping feedneck
Timmy detents
Anarchy Paintballs - Stock barrel

I was double feeding like CRAZY (Halo B was set to 24bps), I was in the beginning of a game so I kept on trying to "shoot it out" and it only made it worse... when I took it apart later that night I found my (Timmy) detent sheared off, broken paintballs ALL up the feedneck and into my hopper - what a MESS! I'm not sure exactly what happened either, I just hope it dosen't happen THIS weekend!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 PM

But does anyone know if they Halo B eyes dont pick up dark paint still?