Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Unhappy Re: Farewell to paintball

Boaring! Imma close this j/j

All I can say is, you'll be back. I quit for a couple of years before the millinium(haven't heard that term for a while eh?) and had played for 13 years previously. I didn't even have an excuse, I just stopped playing. I think it was because the cost of markers were a bit sickening to me. Pretty much why I hate Angels, they marked the beginning of the rediculously overpriced marker market. Once the Spyder e-markers were released I was back into it full tilt again -

I'm thinking, besides all the other things you've got going for you, the worse thing you ever did was get into tourney play(besides paying $200 for a Sonix lol ). Just from your posts here you seemed happier when you still played rec. I saw a serious change in your attitude towards paintball once you got into teams and tournies. It was like you loved the addiction and rush but ran into too many headaches and seems to me got a bit too serious about winning. To me winning is second rate to just playing when you want to and having a good time. No strings attached, no schedules to commit to, no feeling like I have to have a $1000+ marker to make the grade, no feeling like I let someone down because I got tagged(which is a rare occasion anyways), no feeling like someone else let me down because they didn't show up or they got tagged......I suppose I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea. Who knows, some of this may even be a portion of why you seem, fed up -

All I can say is I'm pretty sure you'll be back. Paintball either discourages some right away or becomes an addiction similar to a crack head. Others could become addicted but just can't afford it. I'm thinking you are more in the crack head catagory and as they say, "Once a crack head, always a crack head" -

Good luck in whatever you decide to do anyways, we'll miss your frequency here. I suppose you're lucky you didn't become an Otter and make an indisposable PB website. You might feel obligated to not letting all your minions down even though you really wanted completely out -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I build custom Timmies

Default Re: Farewell to paintball

Vike, as a psychology major I'm going to advise you to not get rid of your markers. When we feels various emotions, our motivation fluctuates with those emotions. As I read your posts, I seen countless times you said I was sure I was going to quit and then I decided to keep playing. We all are motivated differently at different times but it just seems like a "down" time for you right now and with your "down" time is correlated with less motivation for paintball.
I think Dragon is right in that you'll be back. My advise to you is to take the pressure of yourself to make it big and just enjoy the game. Play in a few tournaments but dont' pressure yourself to go pro.
Despite what I just said, I admire that you want to take initiative with your family and religious life. Amen to that and I think you are on the right track and a good guy for doing this. But I don't think you should quit pb forever, I've seen it spark too much interest in you to just drop it like a bad habit. Just remeber, absence makes the heart grow fonder so maybe after a break, your pb motivation will increase. Best of luck Vike.

fred
MY FEEDBACK
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=202
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Fluent in Stroll

at least youre quitting for something important. my hat goes off.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Thanks everybody! I would have to say I haven't totally decided to get rid of everything. That's why you haven't seen the Shocker for sale - yet! But in a couple of years, maybe. I need to take a break, and I agree with Dragon. I was happier playing rec - or maybe tournaments - but I HATE the hassle of practice and everything else.

Like I said, I'll be in and out here - I have an obligation as a moderator. But I do like helping everyone out here. I know my family is a bit happier with my decision. Now I just need to suck it up and tell the team.....that's the hard part!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:48 AM
wat

I too have actually been out of the playing side of the sport for about 6 months now. I've played 1 game in 6 months over Christmas break. I got sick of buying a gun and then selling it when I needed money, so now that business is picking up I'm getting ready to get back into it because I think my dad really views it as a good way for me and him, and my little brother to spend a fun time together with other guys. I too find some marker costs sickening, thus why I try to sell mine as cheap as possible..but you can find a nice gun used on the Nation for cheap..and I don't see reasoning behind having 5 guns..I myself have nothing but a pair of Profilers as far as paintball gear goes right now. I'm looking into another 05 Speed/G7 so hopefully you guys will see me back in here soon...
Old 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Marine Corps.

well vike, im sad to hear your leaving pb ... but i hope you come back

Im sure your team'll understand because it's for a special reason but i just hope you'll reconsider
Old 03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

What happened at the reball field that bothered you if you don't mind me asking?

JB.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:17 AM
makin my way to the top of the food chain.

wow vike, this is truly a sad day. its good to see a dad quitting something so he can make time for his kids (other thing too i realize), you dont see that much anymore. i know what your saying, ive seen this even in my own life, paintball just consumes me now and occupies all of my time, i cant imagine trying to do that and have a family and be a teacher and all that. well good luck with life.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get your life straight... but im with fred, dont sell all your gear. i know how you and durrell feel, since may 9, 2004 (when i moved here) i've played 3 times, and i spend most of my free time on paintball stuff, telling myself im gonna go play (got money stashed away for a new gun, but really want to spend it on some other stuff) and sometimes it just drives you insane. i havent "quit" paintball, but i just havent played a real decent game in what seems like forever.

someday we need to have a Take-Vike-Back-To-The-Woods day!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I've almost quit so many times and in all honesty if it wasn't for stock class play I would be done with paintball.

It kinda sucked for a while as when I first got my Shocker in 04 I would go to the field and the rental recball kid's would not play with me so that kinda stunk but if I played with the experienced tourney baller's I ran into problem's with people's attitude's all the time so it was no fun for a while.

JB.