Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
makin my way to the top of the food chain.

Default Re: Finally satisfied....almost, lol.

i think it looks cool where it is right now, id jsut leave it.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

dont mean to be a nussaince but if this is what you are eventually going for you really should save the money and buy a t-shirt that says something so stupid that everyone who reads it wants to hurt themselves.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Marine Corps.

chill out claus ... it's not for you to decide on what he does ... it's his life ... but i still think they look pretty cool as they are right now ...
Old 07-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

if he could jam an outer wheel bearing in his lobe...I might be impressed (NOT)

there's surgery available if you want to look like a girl....to go with the earrings
Old 07-08-2006, 01:13 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
[MG]http://www.bmeworld.com/mm/piercingsubdir/earpiercingpages/earlargepic/6149920.gif[/IMG]

dont mean to be a nussaince but if this is what you are eventually going for you really should save the money and buy a t-shirt that says something so stupid that everyone who reads it wants to hurt themselves.
No, but that'd be sweet as hell.

I noticed, bring up something like this, and it turns in to pbnation.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:13 AM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
if he could jam an outer wheel bearing in his lobe...I might be impressed (NOT)

there's surgery available if you want to look like a girl....to go with the earrings
Also, I didn't expect such an ******* reply from someone like you druid.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwithPride
Also, I didn't expect such an ******* reply from someone like you druid.
I'm sorry, should I be politically correct and sugar-coat it for you? I appreciate your higher opinion (I guess?) of me, but I just can't do it - even I have my limits.

I'm as entitled to my opinion as everyone else here...and mine is that ear rings are a female adornment...and even then, there's a point at which there's 'too much' and it doesn't even look good on them. Gauges/nipple piercings, "Prince" piercings of the genitalia, Anime and Liberty Spikes, et al - don't look good on anyone and my opinion isn't the only one like it. The difference with me is - I'm not afraid to say it, regardless of how you interpret it. Apparently you've heard it before because it struck a nerve with you. Let me explain my (and a lot of other people's) position(s).....

In my opinion, gauges and multiple piercings...no matter where you put them...don't look cool at all. They make people look like a freak and good luck getting a good job with a 'rack of tire-chains' hanging off their face. Unless the employer is some kind of "new age, progressive" type, any self-respecting, professional employer would take one look and trash your application right in front of you...never to see you again. You will be told that you 'don't have the qualifications' and passed on by...unless they had the ability to hide you away from the public because that look is not what they want associated with their business/company. Otherwise, you'll be discriminated into occupations that are stereo-typed as (sorry to say) "more suited to your look"....such as motorcycle/auto mechanic, tattooist/body piercing, muffler shop tech...whatever. I'm not saying these jobs are bad...by any means - but the look is generally stereo-typed with something 'dirty, messy or unkempt'...regardless of your appearance, intelligence, demeanor or otherwise.

A person's first impression is derived from what they see. You could be more eloquent than Vike, Otter AND myself combined...with a golden tongue and the patience of Mother Theresa. You could have the intelligence to rival Steven Hawking...but the person interviewing you doesn't really care about all that. They see a person who will mutilate their body in an effort to be noticed (that's a general perception...not necessarily the case). They see a person with a "look-at-me" syndrome. I'm not saying that's who you are, I'm saying that's what they see. And frankly? It's also associated with criminal activity. You could be the most God fearing, hard working - non-delinquent in the city but at first glance...people are repulsed...even fear full. This may not be your intent, but it's a result. You may not care either and in which case, you shouldn't have gotten upset at my initial response...and responded as you did. You could sit there and quote all the 'individuality' rhetoric you want...it's not going to work on everyone like you hope it will.

It's better that you learn the cold-hard truth now, before it sends you down a darkened road with no head-lights. Get used to it...it's only going to get worse for you.

Hah...I just thought of something...How much like your father do I sound like?

Last edited by druid : 07-08-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Public Enemy #1

Times are changing. A LOT of people are gauging their ears. Most people who do that also don't want to be a lawyer or a doctor. Most of them will easily find a job that they are happy with and will make them decent money.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 AM

well spyder...I guess you'll just have to let me know where this place is...so I can stay clear of it. Now...tell me it's California and that's easily understandable....pfft...everyone east of the Grand Canyon thinks the State and it's "yo...surferrrrrr duuuuuuuuude" mentality is a huge joke. True it accounts for about 1/2 a % of the population...but that's the impression of the entire state. Many hope it drops off the US all together.

there's more to being a 'professional' employee than being a lawyer or doctor...but it's good to 'settle for second best' as a carreer goal, I guess...
Old 07-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
there's more to being a 'professional' employee than being a lawyer or doctor...but it's good to 'settle for second best' as a carreer goal, I guess...
There's where you go wrong. Its YOUR opinion on a second best job. There's probably just as many people that would think being a prison guard is a "second best" career goal as people who think gauged ears prohibits you from having a good job and being successful. I know you know the saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Well, that can be interpreted to jobs. If the person doing it is happy and enjoys what they do, good for them. Not everyone wants the same goals in life. Are people who want to be a tow truck driver any less of a person than someone who wants to be a doctor? Not in my eyes.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!