Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Macro line

i've seen the micro line rubber hoses and i was just wonderin if they were any better then the standard stainless steel.

i was also curious about how u could make it so that the hose connects to the bottom of the fore-grip and if it will make a difference.

i have a pilot acs
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default Re: Macro line

Yes there is a much easier to find/cheaper line. Macroline.

The position of the fitting on the foregrip would not make a difference...just preference.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Not too new guy

There are two types, theres macroline and microline. I would suggest macroline because I believe it's stronger. You would have to buy an adapter to connect it to the forgrip because Spyder uses special threads. The advantages to macro is that it is light, comes in many colors, cheaper than stainless, and is very easy to take off. Disadvantages are that it is not as strong as stainless and might not last as long.

Edit: Just read that you want to change the position of where it connects. To my knowledge you wouldn't be able to change it to the bottom of the stock expansion chamber. If you bought a new reg/expansion chamber that has a port on the bottom it would work. It's all personal preference.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Technically macroline being stronger is not true. Microline is pretty strong and I believe it can hold at a stronger PSI than macroline can.

Pb34...You said macroline was stronger, then you said its not stronger.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Here, there, everywhere!

You would have to change the expansion chamber (foregrip) to re route the inlet to the bottom.
'Macroline' is a plastic replacement for the ss line your marker came with. It does have advantages as well as weaknesses.
Steel braded is stronger, more durable, and has better temp durability. However, it can be tough to replace when it fails...and is not lenght adjustable.
Macroline ultilizes steel fittings and a plastic line. The line is easily removed without tools and can be replaced on the fly very quickly. It also is available in colors to match your marker.
Usually, I try to stick with the ss line until I have a leak, or until I am replacing parts and need a different lenght. Macro is easily cut, so whatever lenght you need is a razor knife away.
I would not say either is 'better'...but macro is easier to deal with long term.
Good luck!
Member #12

"Your marker cannot harm me...I'm the Juggernaut!!"
KUSA Feedback +56/-0
New PBN Feedback +20/-0
Old PBN Feedback +92/-0
Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Not too new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmanshooter
Pb34...You said macroline was stronger, then you said its not stronger.
First I said macro was stronger than micro but I guess I was incorrect. The second time I was saying stainless is stronger than macro. Which I'm almost positive is correct.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb34
There are two types, theres macroline and microline. I would suggest macroline because I believe it's stronger.
Nope - both are equally as strong as the other. The real difference between the two is that macroline is a larger diameter tube than microline. If you were to use microline, you would starve your marker and end up having all kinds of problems.

It comes in many different colors so you can match your gun, or do whatever color scheme you like. You can cut it to whatever length you need so you aren't limited to the certain sizes stainless steel comes in. It's cheap, and easy to replace.

You need a couple of these:

or a couple of these:

Or a mix of the two to be able to use macroline. You need to make a straight cut with a sharp knife (or side cutters is what we use here) and make sure it fits all the way into the fitting.

Disadvantages are that there MIGHT be a chance it may explode with Co2, but that's very rare. It's definitely not as tough as stainless steel, but it's classy and adds 4 bps and 27 fps to your gun - and adds 400 cool points to your weapon of choice!

Edit: Beat me to it! Dang, you guys are quick!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Well I assumed microline was stronger because I've never heard of it coming off of a marker because of the pressure being to high, as I have with macroline.

But macroline is more convenient.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
Disadvantages are that there MIGHT be a chance it may explode with Co2, but that's very rare.

they were lookin pretty good.....till i heard this lol....exploding doesnt fit well wit me lol
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Respected, period.

Its very, very rare that the macroline would explode. I've never seen it happen personally.

Also, the only real reason your macroline would just blow out of the fitting would be if it wasn't put in correctly. I've had macroline crack at where you put it in the fitting and it didn't blow out of the fitting, it leaked but didn't come out.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations