Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
To the MAX

Default Re: Spyder Rodeo still failing to work...

even then, it should cycle fine regardless of bolt weight. striker weight is the biggest factor compared to the bolt weight

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 05-23-2007, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward
All I can think of is that the stock bolt with venturi is letting less air through, which gives more air to force the striker back.

What valve? Also, do the other bolts slide smoothly in the gun?
That's my theory on it too but it doesn't make sense. All the LP setups use higher flowing bolts. At the moment I've still got the stock valve and pin setup in there and every bolt I've got moves freely in the tube. I've used other bolts in it before and they all worked fine, including the JAM bolt that was in it for the last year before going into storage. Now none of them work?!? If I'd just got the aftermarket bolts and they didn't work or if they never worked in the passed I wouldn't be so confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormic
maybe the lighter bolt is decreasing dwell causint the gun to not get enough gas?
I've tried increasing the dwell using different spring setups but I can't tell if there's any difference between setups because it stops working after I put in a different bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune
even then, it should cycle fine regardless of bolt weight. striker weight is the biggest factor compared to the bolt weight
That's what I thought was the case, hence my confusion. I've just changed out the stock striker for the Nightstriker XL and it still recocks.

After some thought I had a theory that the bolts had shrunk a little in storage so I've tried out a brand new JAM bolt in it too. I'd bought it a couple of months ago so it hadn't been sitting around for too long. It was slightly tighter in the tube but still moved freely. It still didn't work. I'm gonna slowly change out everything else aside from the bolt and see how far I can make it to the setup I originally wanted. I'm really confused as to why the delrin and nylatron bolts I've got don't work. Even at 800psi they don't recock and I really wanted an anti-chop bolt in there.

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."
Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 AM

I've managed to get a couple of days off in a row so I got back onto my Rodeo problem today.

I'd started from the absolute beginning, from completely stock as I'd mentioned before, then changed out one piece at a time and checked that it still recocks after each and every change made. I can't change out the bolt because it just stops working altogether. Despite this rather major nuisance, everything was recocking nicely at 350-400psi up to this point so I put in the New Designz valve and now I can't get the marker working again! I think I'm either getting the spring combo completely wrong or I'm using the wrong level of psi. Can anyone tell me what combo they're using and at what psi? Like I said, I've got it at 350-400psi at the moment and I'm currently on the following setup:

Trinity 7* VA
Bob Long Torpedo
Stock venturi bolt
Nightstriker XL
Stock Spring Guide
New Designz Valve

... and I have the following springs to hand:
stock valve spring
Maddmann light valve spring
stock main spring
Green Maddmann main spring (light)
Blue Maddmann main spring (medium)
Red Maddmann main spring (heavy)
Silver Shocktech main spring (light)
Green Shocktech main spring (medium)
Gold Shocktech main spring (heavy/medium)
Red Shocktech main spring (heavy)

This is the first time I've had the New Designz valve so I tried a few combinations of lighter valve to heavier main spring with no results. What am I doing wrong? What combo works the best with the New Designz valve? Am I supposed to go the other way with this valve? (i.e. heavier valve to weaker main?) Should I increase the psi or drop it some more?

I'm getting more confused than frustrated about this marker's problems as time goes on. Please help!

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."