Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 AM

Default Re: 1000 Year Old Paintballs

are zap paints (practice paint, stingers) any good from ****s sporting goods? theyre half a case for 17 and a case for 30...? anyone know?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You can't tell what paint is what as all companies tend to have the same color variations. It would be better if you showed us a picture and told us where you got them from.

Sonix - that old saying, "You get what you pay for" is true in paintball. At least as far as paint goes. Stinger, in my experience, is good for field grade rec paint, but not that great. Other people are obviously going to have different experiences, both better and worse, so my suggestion is to just try it and see what you think.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 AM

alright thanks man. i have used stingers, but only thing ive ever used is cheap paint.. so maybe once day ill pay 60 for a case of marbs just to see what the huge diff is ;D
Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

what cha think of those no one has said anything bout those yet, when i used them i thought they were a little tough to break
Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 01-19-2008, 12:18 PM

Please use the "edit" feature under each post to edit your posts. There's no need to make a new post each time you have a random thought...

Thank you, the Mod Squad!

Last edited by vikingshadow : 01-19-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:16 PM

if you buy wally world paint get vis impact or recon they work fine for me and havent had any bad balls =D i stock sporting goods there once a week =(

MR-3
vl eyeforce
apex
20 oz pure energy co2
remote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Ex-Woodsball Player

It all depends on the area and shop and what they happen to carry. To quote Viking shadow you do get what you pay for. I have used RPS Marballizer and have never been disapointed by it. I have also shot DXS Rec Sport and been just as happy with it as i was with DXS Silver. It just all depends on how old the paint is if it was rotated ect. I have shot tons of varites of paint each is a lil different from the next. If you buy a $70 box of Marballizer and had bad results you might have gotten a bad batch. Give it another try (it is professional grade paint so you should get great results if it was fresh) and don't be ashamed to ask how old the paint is. 99% of shops will have no problem telling you. Some stores move alot of paint quickly some don't. I used to work at a store/field, and one week we would sell 30-50 cases easly. (some times we would sell our whole inventory of paint in less than a week) Other times it would sit for a week or 2 before you even notice a difference in the pymarid of cases laying around the shop.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 AM
inexperienced, but likes to read

my personal experience with monster balls is that they won't chop.....or break at all for that matter lol. we stopped using them when we play woodsball because we had 4 or 5 people using it one day and we were nailing people and it wasn't breaking. then we'd shoot a tree and several of them would bounce off the tree. i've had good experiences with RPS big balls and JT tactical. both from walmart. we keep planning on getting several of us to order a pallet of good stuff, we just haven't done it yet.

XSiv Force, if you feel like a small road trip you can ride down here and use that paint. we're a little south of Troy and we play every other weekend, we're always looking for a couple more players.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
yadda, yadda, yadda

Yes we need to do that Low. I remember we banned Monster Balls. Here's my experience recently with some different paint.

Monster balls: bad (hard, don't break)
Stryke: bad (broke to easy [as in the barrel])
Visible Impact: good (nice fill, round[some dimples])
RPS Big Ball: good (ok fill, round[pretty much], a few bounces[not to many])
Stinger: OK (didn't shoot alot. seemed to have more barrel breaks than normal)
DBX: good (I've apparenty had better luck with these than some. Round, little or no dimple, shoot fairly straight.)
Evil: very good (actually only shot about a half a case. I can't say it's worth twice as much as some of the other paint but it's pretty good. shoots straight, little or no seam, round, no dimples that I noticed.

Anyway that's some of the different types I've shot recently. Pretty much it's hard to go wrong with any of middle/upper end paints from Nelson, RPS, and so on. I'd say if wal mart is your only choice then Visibles or Big Balls. If you have a ****'s around then I'd say try some DBX's. If anything you can use that ammo case they come in . Don't forget to open and check the paint before you buy it. Usually you can take it up to the desk and they'll open it for you. Again this is only my experience/opinion so take it as you will.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:49 PM

What about Black Label?