Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
king-man's Avatar
king-man king-man is offline
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uniontown, KY
Posts: 945
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?


True so very True
  #12  
Old 03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
LostCause's Avatar
LostCause LostCause is offline
Cpt of team Lost Cause
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 791
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

pbnation just turns to flame wars alot sadly, though i still go there....why.....
__________________
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
  #13  
Old 03-27-2008, 04:23 PM
timmyshoota's Avatar
timmyshoota timmyshoota is offline
Public Enemy #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

That shocker anno is whats up, take the stickers off and rock the fade with pride.

To answer your question: There's only one sticker I put on guns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ngs/marq73.jpg


__________________
HK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
  #14  
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM
VS3 Sniper's Avatar
VS3 Sniper VS3 Sniper is offline
*Offical Gun Whore*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,269
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

O no not HGay. lol I like to keep my markers lookin clean. I sometimes put stickers on my hoppers or my pod caddy tho.
__________________
armedfuture (3:00:47 AM): I feel like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Uh, no we're not. We're pretty much ****ed.
^ my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
well...one must change his Kilt daily because like wearing underwear for more than one day is just..........nasty......
  #15  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Schecter1277 Schecter1277 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
pbnation just turns to flame wars alot sadly, though i still go there....why.....
I got for the opposite reason. PBN is a bunch of tight wads. This is the internet, if you want to be talked to and cared for go to a build-a-bear forum or something. This is the internet, no one likes you, no one cares if you live or die. Though if you die, sucks for you, lulz for us. pbn tries to act like it's a flame free zone or something. This forum is doing the same thing, but I actually present good advice when I do it. Unfortunatly, people overlook it and get all "he called me an idiot mommy!" on me. If I call you an idiot, it's probably because you did something idioc. It's poor mods who ignore people who actually break the rules, and allow bad advice to flow, then treat us in a "play nice" kingergarden fashon. But I'm not gonna point shunut out.

/rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by king-man View Post

True so very True
I can get you in contact with the guy who makes those, if you want a couple. He may want some money for them though, stickers aren't free to make, and he doesn't make any money giving them to you. but if you want some, I won't take any profits, I'll ask him what he wants.
  #16  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Critical's Avatar
Critical Critical is offline
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 1,554
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

You know, I almost always stay out of these discussions, once they turn sour, but your comments are begging for a response, which is probably what you want anyway, but, what the hell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter1277 View Post
I got for the opposite reason. PBN is a bunch of tight wads. This is the internet, if you want to be talked to and cared for go to a build-a-bear forum or something. This is the internet, no one likes you, no one cares if you live or die. Though if you die, sucks for you, lulz for us. pbn tries to act like it's a flame free zone or something. This forum is doing the same thing,...
This forum is nothing like PbN, and that's why we're here. Unlike your favorite sites, we actually do care about each other, just look at the support threads in the non-paintball section. People have posted their most private problems and have gotten help from people who care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter1277 View Post
...but I actually present good advice when I do it. Unfortunatly, people overlook it and get all "he called me an idiot mommy!" on me. If I call you an idiot, it's probably because you did something idiotic.
Bludgeoning someone with information and bludgeoning them with a rock is the same thing, your goal is still to hurt rather than help. The users of this forum are not idiots, we are people who enjoy paintball, enjoy these forums, and enjoy welcoming and helping new players. How exactly does calling someone an idiot accomplish that goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter1277 View Post
It's poor mods who ignore people who actually break the rules, and allow bad advice to flow, then treat us in a "play nice" kingergarden fashon. But I'm not gonna point shunut out.
As someone who has been around for a little while, I can honestly say that the mods here are some of the fairest, most even-handed of any forum I have been on, going back to when I started online in 1994 or so. The users of this forum have agreed to play by the rules, that being, to keep a family friendly, PG-13 attitude when here, because that's what we want. Play by the rules and less people will when they see you have posted.

I will not defend shunut, he can do that himself, but keep in mind, everyone here likes and respects him, who feels the same about you?
__________________
SOC Feedback: +32/-0

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
  #17  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Schecter1277 Schecter1277 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
This forum is nothing like PbN, and that's why we're here. Unlike your favorite sites, we actually do care about each other, just look at the support threads in the non-paintball section. People have posted their most private problems and have gotten help from people who care.

This forum is a carbon copy of pbn. All of the mods are either pbn mods or respected pbn members. Thus, the forum is run, like pbn.

Bludgeoning someone with information and bludgeoning them with a rock is the same thing, your goal is still to hurt rather than help. The users of this forum are not idiots, we are people who enjoy paintball, enjoy these forums, and enjoy welcoming and helping new players. How exactly does calling someone an idiot accomplish that goal?

I'm sorry, but it's a pet peev of mine when someone tells someone to go out and spend their hard earned money on something that A. They don't need or B. Is a horrible produce/investments. Where is the responsibility for those actions? Who is the person to blame when someone goes out and buys $300 worth of stuff only to find out it didn't help his problem one bit.
Example I see ALL the time:
"I bought HPA and my gun is burping." Some tanks put out 750 others put out 800psi, while other, older ones put out 850. Instead of telling the kid to buy/trade a new $60 tank we have him buy a reg, VA, bolt, valve, feedneck , barrel, striker, spring kit, expansion chamber, and macro to solve the problem. Hell, after all that he could have just bought a new gun.


As someone who has been around for a little while, I can honestly say that the mods here are some of the fairest, most even-handed of any forum I have been on, going back to when I started online in 1994 or so. The users of this forum have agreed to play by the rules, that being, to keep a family friendly, PG-13 attitude when here, because that's what we want. Play by the rules and less people will when they see you have posted.

There is PG-13 then there is G. Which do you actually want?

I will not defend shunut, he can do that himself, but keep in mind, everyone here likes and respects him, who feels the same about you?
I am not here to be liked and respected. If that is an end result then fine. However, I will give honest advice to the best of my ability. But when I see people doing stupid stuff that will cost them money, or cost others money, I will tell them STOP! Look at my posts, not one of them has been actual "flaming" (definition:coming into the thread and insulting the original poster while contributing nothing to the thread)
  #18  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
timmyshoota's Avatar
timmyshoota timmyshoota is offline
Public Enemy #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

I am teh flame king. With that said...


PbN> *

If you think PBN is all flaming, you are looking for it. I'm on there everyday. I go between the different marker forums, HK forum, news forum, Mask and BST forums and I hardly EVER find flaming.
__________________
HK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscum Guy
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
  #19  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Schecter1277 Schecter1277 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I am teh flame king. With that said...


PbN> *

If you think PBN is all flaming, you are looking for it. I'm on there everyday. I go between the different marker forums, HK forum, news forum, Mask and BST forums and I hardly EVER find flaming.
offtopic.com is all flaming. (same with 4chan.org)
  #20  
Old 03-27-2008, 05:51 PM
pb34's Avatar
pb34 pb34 is offline
Not too new guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: Do you put stickers on your gear?

I have to disagree when you say that this forum is a carbon copy of PBN just because it has some of the same mods and members. This forum is much smaller and thus we are a much tighter community. There is also much less toleration for flaming and useless posts here. They may belong to both PBN and here but the way they moderate could be completely different.

However this was not the point of this thread and if it doesn't get back on topic it will be closed. I personally am not a fan of stickers on guns. I'll put an occasional one on my hopper but I like to keep my gun clean.
__________________
Almost finished LP Pilot

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread


Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 PM.