Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 03:03 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: What is milsim to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
OK, then I have no shame in saying it: I feel that those who play "milsim," and those who buy "milsim" markers are.... very kind individuals who are misguided and need a shining light to bring them back into the light. Thought I was goin' to snap, didn't ya??? The girlfriend took me into the doctor and told me that I need to relax more often.
cheri took tim to a shrink! about time!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Life is peachy

LOL its about time someone did! be willing to bet that was an expensive sesion, good thing Tim has alot of guns to sell! you see then his GF will be twice as happy

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Resident *******

How'd you know? I have 4 guns lined up with pictures taken to be posted up on the auction block, I'm just stalling and wasting time before I have to sell them...

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Life is peachy

I know eveything Red.......well except how to spell

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
I seen this on the Milsim empire page and i was interested in stealing it to see our users responces.

1.) What is MILSIM paintball to you?
MilSim=Military Simulation. That means it's a recreation of a military operation from the past or a "hypothetical" military type scenario for the future.
2.) What makes a MILSIM game?
Relying on tactics to accomplish a goal of the scenario...rather than soaking the enemy with paint - unless a specific 'role' (like heavy-gunner) is used. Some might even include markers that "look" the role.
3.) What makes a marker really a MILSIM marker?
That's dependent on what that particular person thinks of MilSim. To me, it's a marker that is set up to function like a military role weapon - limited paint per loading and after that, aesthetics.
4.) What elements do you have to have to be considered a MILSIM player?
You have to decide if it's "past'" or "future" to decide that. Past would incorporate all (or as many) of the elements that occurred in that event. "Future" is dependent on what you think Military role will be in that time frame and any format you can conceive for it.
5.) Do you think that there should be limits on they type of marker used for MILSIM?
If it's just you and yer buddies out for a day...no...but you should limit the marker capabilities to that of the 'weapons' used in that scenario....semi or 3 shot burst.
If so what are they? Why do you think so?
6.) Do you think that there should a limit to how much paint a MILSIM player can have?
To be truly MilSim...yes...but that's dependent on the marker you are using for a specific purpost. Heavy gunner=a lot of paint. "Sniper" roles, limited paint and "light-tomedium" gunners semi/3 shot burst).
7.) What about clothing? What is acceptable for a MILSIM game?
True MilSim would (in one's mind) require the "uniform" of that particular actor...SWAT black for Police replications, Woodland BDUs for US, Flecktarn for "Past" German infantry, etc...
8.) Should a field owner/game promoter require certain things of MILSIM players?
If so what? why?
If he is trying to keep the "history" of the even correct, then yes. However, I think it's a lot to ask of people, to go out and buy new and different clothes just for one event.
9.) Are MILSIM and Scenario paintball the same?
That depends on how the promoter structures the event.
10.) Are there other factors to make a MILSIM game? MILSIM player? MILSIM marker?
If so what? In your opinion what are they?
The scenarios have to be understandable, the goals achieveable and the players need to be more disciplined towards military behaviors. That means no "Rambo" players allowed. Everyone works as a unit and FOLLOWS THEIR COMMANDS. The markers mean little as long as the player can hit what they are aiming at. There is no "I" in "Team" and most paintballers don't seem to get that. We see too many "glory-hounds" that run off to do "their thing" and while it might serve well for the team, it's self-serving first.

If you dont want to answear the questions respectfuly please dont post. There are other threads you could move on to. respect everyones opinions and no flaming please.
All that bold being said, I play a lot of scenario/MilSim games both locally and on private property. There is such a thing as 'going overboard' and I see a lot of that with how Commanders bark at their 'troops.' To lead is one thing but you need players that listen too. Then there's the whole "MY GOD, MY A5 WEIGHS A BAZZILION POUNDS!!!111oneoneone" player who thinks that because he's got $500 in MilSim upgrades to his marker, that he's the next Carlos Hathcock waiting in the shadows for some fool to not watch where he is going.....

You get out of a game what you put into it but it also depends on the leadership and how much the 'troops' listen to them.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Finally!!!

I didn't bother reading all the post just the title....Milsim to me is eating MRE's that look like MRE's but actually taste decent .
Family Photo
My Feedback