Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Extend current game or new game?
Extend current game so we can keep portfolios 6 25.00%
New game, more money (100k), and start from scratch 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
RaWr

Default Re: Virtual Stock Exchange

Goodluck to you, I honestly think this is the best game that has been posted here..

If you guys learn how to play the market you can make your money work for you, if you know how to play and you can regularly check it, it is safer than a bank, and makes you more money. I never suggest putting all of your money into stocks, that is just stupid, but if you play with say 1,000, lets say you invested in 2 or 3 decent companies, you have a good day and make 500 over the top, throw that back in the market, same stock, more shares, play it, keep playing what you win with, while keeping your initial investment in a safe stock, you can make yourself some good money. My vacation fund as well as my "just for fun funds" are funded by my market earnings.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Respected, period.

I got screwed big time on Dendreon. I bought it last night and it didn't put my purchase through until 4 hours after the market opened, so I bought it when it was at its peak. If it would have purchased it when the market first opened I would have been up on the day instead of down. Oh well, glad its not my money.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 04-02-2007, 02:11 PM
RaWr

Josh even if it was your money, chances are it will do the same thing tommorow....
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Game aside, the worst thing you can do is look at your stocks on a day-to-day basis (unless you're big in the day trader segment). I couldn't tell you, off the top of my head, what any of my stocks are at at any given moment. However, every month I get my statements and make sure that my investments continue to grow.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Fluent in Stroll

red, you ever read the book rich dad, poor dad? i think you will find it interesting, although it may tell alot of things you already know. reading it will defiantly make you want to play stocks, and use other alternate forms of making money. i recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about this.

and i signed up. lets hope i learn something.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical
Game aside, the worst thing you can do is look at your stocks on a day-to-day basis (unless you're big in the day trader segment). I couldn't tell you, off the top of my head, what any of my stocks are at at any given moment. However, every month I get my statements and make sure that my investments continue to grow.
while that is true, knowing what your stock is doing for you is important, I have XOM stock, that is very day to day, although I always keep some stock, I am always buying and selling some of it, not on a day to day basis more on a week to week or war to war basis... I follow OPEC and others pretty closely because I always have the feeling that I will get burnt by this stock, watching it helps keep my mind at ease. I am in a good deal of day to day markets, I try to stray away from safe stock with an exception of my initial investments. I like to have my money doing work for me, not just earning a slow but steady penny here and there.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
wat

I'm glad to see some participation..this should be fun. PBN has a game going with 270 participants that is lasting all year. After this initial game we'll go longer term.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
RaWr

I would love to do a 1 year game, if we get interest I may be interested in offering a prize on a 1 year game.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Fluent in Stroll

keys to the m5 perhaps?

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
wat

I could start the game now if you guys would rather do that? For a whole year? Or would you rather do this preliminary one and then start it?