Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Weeeee!

Default Obama’s Bill Hands ACORN $5.2 Billion Bailout

I heard about this on the radio. It got me kinda miffed. Why are my tax dollars funding a bailout on an organization that is clearly in the tank for the left? Or is this just part of the pay to play since they helped get Obama elected? I am really trying to be supportive but I have to share this information since the media obviously isn't.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/oba...27/175729.html

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/0...corns-stimulus
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Respected Player

Default Re: Obama’s Bill Hands ACORN $5.2 Billion Bailout

Wow, not a very good way to start out the term. Lets hope he doesn't do this any more.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
wat

Not surprising. I have a bad feeling we're in for it when he shows his true colors.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:41 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

what a ****

Feedback +18/0
Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I heard about this on the radio - and I'm not too happy. I knew we were in for it when he chose his cabinet members.

1. Hillary as Secretary of State. Politically, this is a safe move for him because now she's not running against him in 2012. But still, is she really the choice he should have made for that particular position? I would have thought an insurance thing or health care would have been better for her. Or is he hoping that Bill will be a factor here?

2. His choice for Secretary of Education is a joke. Not only was this guy NEVER a teacher, he hasn't even been a principal! How is he going to help education - we don't need MORE lay people telling us how to educate children. We need an actual experienced in education person in there. Then, come to find out, his own district is FAILING the NCLB mandates. Not good at all.

3. I'm not going to go through the list, but it includes many Chicago politicians, and let's not forget all the trouble THEY'RE in politically.

Yeah, things aren't looking really good right now.

Oh, one more thing. During the same radio broadcast where I heard about the bailout, it said something about how he repealed "George Bush's" abortion bill? This is another biggie to a lot of people, but that's not getting any real airplay right now.

However, I may be wrong on that last one, so I'm not going to give my opinion, yay or nay. on it. Did anyone hear what he did about the abortion bill? I believe it's the partial birth abortion bill - the one where the baby is partially born and they give it an injection in the back of the skull to kill it. As a parent, I'm not sure how anyone could say that's ok.

I'm still giving him his chance, but it's really looking bad if we base the next few years off his recent decisions.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

.......and so it begins

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Weeeee!

Vike, You might be talking about the bill that Regan passed where no government funding could be used to help pay for, promote or educate abortion. That one has always been a political hot potato. Regan signed it, Clinton repealed it, Bush re-enacted it and now Obama just did his due diligence and took it down again. He was only doing what his past position on abortion has been. There is a reason why he has had a more radical position towards abortion than even Hillary Clinton.

Or you could be talking about the Born alive infant protection act where babies that were supposed to be aborted and survived should have equal rights for care as any other premature infant. If so that has been a huge sore on me for a long time. My son was a preme. I watched the doctors do everything they could to save him. Now he's an active, intelligent 5 year old loving life. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't give a baby the same care even after surviving a failed abortion.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/in...n_crime_a.html
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Resident *******

If a baby survives a failed abortion, then it was obviously meant to live, no matter what creed or religion, or NON-RELIGION (now we have to throw that in, apparently...) you are.

I am very saddened that our country voted him in, but I will wait and reserve judgement on him until he proves himself unworthy of the position just a little more.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
.......and so it begins
What begins? The Republican smear campaign that will be on going on this website? I mean, its fact this site is 99% Republican and no matter what Obama does he's gonna be hated here.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
What begins? The Republican smear campaign that will be on going on this website? I mean, its fact this site is 99% Republican and no matter what Obama does he's gonna be hated here.
This site is about as politically neutral as you can get, there are many from both sides of the aisle, as well as many who lay claim to the center. I used to be a Republican, now, I am a conservative, since the Republicans have joined the Democrats in hosing our country. Additionally, I do not, nor does anyone I know, hate President Obama. We disagree with his positions, and voice our opposition, but when did that become hate? Hate is a matter of personality, not of party affiliation.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan