Who Plays Video Games? 1 2.56%
I Could Care Less 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: XBOX 360 or PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
I do believe this is the year of the PS3, but I don't think it's very far ahead of the 360 this year. Sony has all of their biggest sellers coming this year that will pump out millions and millions of consoles, especially with the MGS4 bundle and the GT5 bundle in Europe.

We'll be seeing some outrageous technology with Killzone 2's deferred rendering, along with some new gameplay ideas (first-person cover system. FINALLY. Nearly fully destructible environments, etc).

MGS4 is going to be... well, yet another MGS game. Kojima is a mad man and has an enormous following for his games. He's saying that he's putting every single ounce of effort into this title as it's supposed to answer every question anyone ever had with the series. Filling up a 50gb Blu-Ray disc with high-def FMV's, superb audio, and hopefully some real good gameplay (from the trailers, I would say that's already set in stone). Then comes Metal Gear Online which will hopefully be the tactical game it's being made out to be. Regardless of that, you can bet your ass it's going to sell like crazy in Japan.

GT5 is going to move millions of units as well. Finally, there's some damage and the graphics engine is one of the first to utilize real-time raytracing (though, for cars only). I've always loved the depth and layout of the career mode and I can't wait for this game to release. Nor can millions of others.

FFXIII, I'm willing to bet, will drop a huge bomb on people when they finally start showing some real gameplay. The White engine is still being developed and getting its kinks worked out. Square is promising that anyone who plays FFXIII will have a tough time determining which parts of the game are pre-rendered and which parts are ran in real time.

Little Big Planet is on every heavy gamer's mind right now. Either people just plain don't want it to succeed, or they're very hyped to see the game (unless of course, they haven't done their research). The abilities in this game are nearly limitless and anything and everything can be made into a playable level. There's a great article here everyone should read.

Then there's Resistance 2 with 8-player online co op, 60 player online matches, and a change in how they deliver the story (it's now entirely from Hale's perspective). Of course, knowing Insomniac, they'll add yet even more crazy weapons. And Insomniac has been working with Guerilla to the point that Resistance 2 will now be featuring some deferred rendering for some incredible looking shadow work. They're also going to be streaming textures, so we'll see much higher detail in the textures and the gameplay is likely to be pretty damned fun again.

Star Ocean 4 and White Knight Story will both sell like crazy in Japan and likely do pretty well over here as well (I'll be getting both).

God of War 3.... is God of War 3. Nobody needs anything else :P

Ecochrome is going to be an amazing downloadable game for everyone to play. And it comes with a level builder

I hope that Home can actually deliver some of its potential. I don't expect it to be doing all too much in the beginning, but as time goes by (I'd guess at around Christmas of this year), we should see some pretty neat features being implemented.

I'm also really looking forward to Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, and the others that the 360 has to offer, but if you add on another $100 price drop to the PS3 this year, it's clearly the year for the PS3 to play some catch up and try to strike a monthly lead.

The best thing about this? I own both consoles. I'll be enjoying both consoles. That is, as long as Spore doesn't consume every waking minute of my existence.
dot.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

GT5 is supposed to be the most graphically advanced (aka 'best looking') game ever. and i cant wait for FFXIII!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
GT5 is supposed to be the most graphically advanced (aka 'best looking') game ever. and i cant wait for FFXIII!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEDlBcdRdfM&feature=related

and FFXIII might actually be the first FF game i play/own.

Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.

Last edited by marvin-martian : 03-07-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

wow! see if you can find a copy of FFVII. best final fantasy ever, even if the graphics suck, it has the best gameplay, summons system, weapons, and storyline!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
THE GAME

Let's not forget that the original Killzone got a a mere 6.9 review from Gamespot and 7.5 from IGN. I'm not really sure Killzone 2 is something I'd be looking forward to. Not to mention from what I've actually seen it's pretty much run of the mill FPS + newer graphics.

Deferred rendering is in every game that's running UE3, there's no point to get excited over it anymore.

I'm still only mildly impressed by GT5 and MGS4.

Home will not deliver it's potential in a time span that will allow it to be impressive.

FF games and God of war do/mean nothing for/to me, I could look into them, but from what I know, it's not my style. I prefer modern/post modern stuff.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:18 PM

Guys ok So I first bought a PS3. You can literally go on the internet the connection speed is very fast also the online gaming is free. But you cannot "recover" your files onto another PS3. I bought a XBOX 360 Also so i have both i have played millions of games for both and the XBOX 360 has a wider range of games but i have to pay 55$ a year just to play Live which is the main reason why gamers buy the 360. 55$ Adds up over the years which makes PS3 a better system in the grand scheme of things and in the long run. GTA is Sony Playstation's biggest hits ever Sony has mastered the GTA Series and GTA will be a better game for teh PS3 than the 360 becuase the gameplay will be more smooth and the graphics will be detailed more on the PS3... BEAST
Old 03-08-2008, 02:52 PM
THE GAME

I have downloaded well over 30 dollars worth of free stuff via xbox live. Not to mention my yearly 55 dollars hasn't nearly added up over the 2 years I've owned the console to the price I would have paid for a PS3 had I bought it when I bought my 360.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Spyder Addict

Xbox 360
Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM
THE GAME

Fix: My mistake, I've inadvertently been calling the "Cell" processor made by Sony, the "Core" processor which is not it's correct name. I don't feel like editing my posts, but that's what I meant. I've also been referring to it's architecture as having 7/8 DSP's, and although that's the technical name, Sony likes to call them "SPE's". It's the same thing.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm Back!

You will be burned at the stake for your mistakes Claus! Burned!

Unless you happen to weigh less than or equal to a duck.

Three years is too long without paintball.