Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 06:53 AM
New Guy

Default Re: Apex Barrel

Played this weekend and a perfect scenario for the apex. I was on top defending the castle, two guys were on the left side behind this hill (lower vantage point). One of the squad leaders specifically commanded me to shoot that hill because of my apex barrel. By flippin the apex downwards w/ max setting (8?), I barraged that hill w/ paint, everything curving steeply, going behind it, hitting the 2 guys. Damn! can't forget that moment.

MR2 + Apex = good sh_t!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
New Guy

Got a new Apex-Is going to make everybody else hide or spend money to upgrade!!!! Haven't played in the woods yet, but have shot targets (from a long ways!!). Seems to be totally evil.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:14 AM

why get an apex like people keep on telling me that it is a BIG PAIN cause u line it up to get someone and the person moves to another bunker! and then u have to line it up again and u r just wasting ur time my advise is a j&j ceramic 14" barrel works well just my advise
Trinity Cradle 07/w DF
Smart Parts SP-8
Empire Reloader B
Smart Parts ION
Old 07-30-2006, 01:47 PM

I've played with both a 14" J & J ceramic barrel and the APEX barrel on my MR2....

The apex barrel is by far a more accurate barrel, as well as firing and hitting at MUCH farther distance....

the curving capability is everything I could have hoped for, and on HPA, in full auto, it is very, VERY consistent.

the bunker buster(the setting that slams the ball down real quick) has gotten me kills several times since purchasing the barrel. ALSO, I had a challend with a buddy who had a 98 custom with flatline...

we never measured the distance, but I was able to hit further away, and more accurately than my friend....I even let him use my gun to cancel out the idea of "well, you're just a more accurate shooter"...
Needless to say, he's going to sell his flatline barrel and get an APEX now...

But, just my $.02