Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2006, 11:50 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Default Wondering if anyone has ever done the magnet trigger w/ a One Frame.

Well Sidney made the T-1 switch wayyyy too light. Its effing amazing, but the trigger touches it and sets it off if I just tip the gun up and the gun wont stop firing. I was wondering if anyone has ever put a magnet on the trigger of the One Kit. Is it possible? If so, where would I get the magnets and where would I put them on?

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Wondering if anyone has ever done the magnet trigger w/ a One Frame.

Rare Earth magnets from Radio Shack found HERE. Don't let their size fool you, these are strong little creeps.
Then click the Spyder Bible in my sig. Go to Spyder Pages, scroll down to Spyder Home Modifications, click magnetic trigger return link and follow the directions
Old 11-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: Wondering if anyone has ever done the magnet trigger w/ a One Frame.

are the magnets as strong as the spring? also is it easier to walk the trigger than with the spring?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Lud08
are the magnets as strong as the spring?
Not necessarily 'stronger' but snappier...yes. These little suckers have a very strong magnetic attraction and repulsion to them. They work extremely well for the lighter, aftermarket triggers. On a Spyder and the way you set them up, they repel against each other to move the trigger away from the microswitch.
also is it easier to walk the trigger than with the spring?
Most people would say yes. I think it is...
Old 11-26-2006, 05:15 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

just do otters modification.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:17 AM

Yes but keep in mind this isnt a Spyder frame. Its a One frame. Thats why I am not sure where to put the magnets...

VIKING!!! You've owned one! Where would I put it?

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

isnt the frame jut like an intimidator frame then?
Old 11-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

It's been awhile since I paid attention to the Dragun frame (if that is indeed what you have and not the different ZIP frame...) However, I think there'd be no difference in where to put the magnets - either directly behind the trigger or up inside the frame under the body. Just be careful, you can't replace a frame for the ZIP or The One kit very easily...

Why don't you just go inside the switch itself and correct the problem? I made a tutorial on how to do it, just unbend it a bit. Should fix it pretty well....
Old 11-26-2006, 05:42 PM

Its a One Kit frame. I have both the zip and one now lol. Using parts from both on my gun.

Alright, thanks for the advice... I'm going to check out those magnets and I think I have a few possibilities on where to put them.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22 PM

I figured out a way to do it. Thanks Druid for the Radioshack link. I went there and picked up the magnets...

Holy crap are those things powerful for being that tiny. I drilled a hole deep enough and just wide enough to press the magnet into the trigger. Then I shaved a bit out of the slot near the micro switch and suck the second one in.

It works GREAT! Thanks guys!

Quote: