Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 08:50 AM
New Guy

Default Help Identifying my Xtras

So this is kind of weird, I bought 2 used Xtras recently. Both are cobalt blue and stock, but there are differences between them. The writting on the trigger frame is in a different font AND one of them (i think the older one) has two holes in the expansion chamber. I think it was to put screws in?? Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the years for these. I was told one of them was only 6 months old, but am unsure. I will try to get pics up soon.
12" Barrel

Spyder Xtra (X2)
Stock

Tippmann Pro-Lite
Old 11-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Help Identifying my Xtras

Will confirm after pics. Im assuming the one with the "two holes" is the newer version. The expansion chamber and VA turned weird as the models went on. Not sure why they did it that way.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabroncito
So this is kind of weird, I bought 2 used Xtras recently. Both are cobalt blue and stock, but there are differences between them. The writting on the trigger frame is in a different font AND one of them (i think the older one) has two holes in the expansion chamber. I think it was to put screws in?? Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the years for these. I was told one of them was only 6 months old, but am unsure. I will try to get pics up soon.
my brother has and old xtra and it has two holes in the expansion chamber and it does have different writing than my electra so id say the one like my brothers is the older of the 2. i am also sure it is the old style because there is an new style xtra and it is much different. my bros is light blue.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
New Guy

Thx Oscum, that helps clear things up. Sorry for the delay in the pics... technical difficulties
12" Barrel

Spyder Xtra (X2)
Stock

Tippmann Pro-Lite