Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Hawkeye Luv

Default Hammer/Striker o-ring question

as far as using the ESP is concerned would it be better to have a sharper or lesser angle where the sear catches in the striker?

i have two strikers from both of my Classics (i've given up on the DH Ti in my ESP). they vary slightly in that one has a steeper angle where it is notched out for the sear to catch than the other one. i was wondering if it would one would be able to figure out (logically, whithout trial and error, i'll try that later) which would perform better.

if you are confused, ask and i will try to explain it better.

... __________________
...|.|.........................|
...|.|..........................|
..[|.|...........................|
...|.|........______.........|
...|_|____/..........\____|
.............|______|
..................|
..................|
...............these are steeper on one than the other

thx,
justin

Misc. SALE - Cocker parts, Ion spares, Spyder barrels, Stingray & more!

Last edited by aodsnyper : 01-11-2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: new question
Old 01-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Hawkeye Luv

Default Re: Hammer/Striker question

also, does anyone know the actual "size" o-ring the fattys take? i.e. - 011, 015? i want to order some of these in bulk.

thx,
justin

Old 01-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Not dead yet!

o-rings

as for the angle, steeper to provide consistant. with an angle, you will get slippage and possible misfires.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Hawkeye Luv

thx Otter. i did go with the steeper striker. i haven't tried it out yet though, but i'm pretty sure it will work better than my DH Ti.

justin

Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Hawkeye Luv

hey guys, me again. this doesn't seem to be the year for me to have things go my way, and the year has just begun...

anyway, right now i am having issues with my stiker o-ring. i have chopped/nicked two in the last 5 mins or so. yesterday i was dry firing like a mad-man just fine. today, i have done only a little, and both times i have gouged my o-ring. the two have been on the bottom center part of the o-ring. i only noticed because when it happened, the chunk came down from my trigger frame and hit me in the hand... kinda startled me.

i don't see any knicks or massive gouges in the receiver. and the striker is stock and almost new so it looks fine. i am using my BLM body, T-boarded ESP, Rocket valve, stock striker, and stock three o-ring Timmy bolt. yesterday i was using the same set-up but i had a Shocktech o-ringless Timmy bolt instead. i don't think the bolt would have this affect, but i'm not sure.

i am wondering if there is something that might be done to help rectify this. i know it has happened occasionally, but this is getting old fast.

well, time to order some new o-rings. plz help me so i don't have to order another bag in another week.

thx,
justin

Old 01-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Hawkeye Luv

i think i solved my problem, no thanks to you guys! j/k. from what i could tell, when i shot, the o-ring "deformed" and pushed itself down in the vent hole. when the striker moved, the receiver would take a chunk of o-ring from it. it only took 1 or 2 shots before a piece of o-ring would hit me in the hand or fly out of the feed neck (barrel sock on). so after 5 o-rings, at a buck a pop, i decided to try something.

i plugged the vent hole which i had already tapped when i got the body. i had to flatten the non-hex side of the plug to sit flush with the inside of the receiver, but in the center of the 10/32" plug i put in there, i drilled a hole using a 1/16" drill bit to still allow for air to be vented... and voila! no more chopped o-ring!

hopefully this will hold up. i shot about 50 rounds of air through it and everything still seems to be in great shape! o-ring is good to go.

on another note, after further inspection of the inside of my receiver i realized that my DH Ti striker did a little more damage than i had first expected. i knew the striker was in bad shape, but i didn't think it took that bad of a toll on my body. is there anything i can do about replacing/getting a refund for it (stiker)? i haven't used it much at all, which is hard to believe after looking at it. i was going to use it in one of my back-up markers, but not after i've seen the damage it causes.

justin