Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
New Guy

Default New to mr1

I recently bought a MR1, and first off, i freakin love it! its a great gun, but like everything i own i must mod it,
I have read around these forums and now i have a few "follow up" questions.
first off i have read about making the mr1 a LP gun, but it seems like a lot of work for my skill level with the gun, so what would the effects be if i was just to slap on a low pressure\volumizer chamber on the gun? would it be at all worth it
second with the esp trigger i hear that you need the striker bolt that goes with it, does it usually come with the trigger or do I have to buy it seperatly?
and finally i was looking at the low blow bolt that everyone is talking about, but on the alamo city website i dont see the low blow version for an mr1, I only see a plain derlin (spelling?) bolt for it. Is the low blow version compatible with the mr1?

Also and mods tips with the gun that you think i should know about would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks very much!

--Scott
Old 10-18-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: New to mr1

Welcome to the forum and congrats for getting an MR-1.
I currently play paintball with people who own Ions, Shockers, A-5's, etc. but to tell you the truth I don't see any practical reason to modify the MR-1. I do suggest that you get a new barrel though because the stock barrel is big bore (approx. 0.69) and can be inaccurate with some types of paint.

An electric trigger will potentially make your marker shoot faster but I warn you that there is a high possibility of chopping (break paintballs in the chamber). I guess you could put a delrin ACS bolt in it but I have heard stories where people did that and they would just chop even more, or the marker would not re-cock fully.

Instead of modding, I think you should just keep saving up money beacuse in a few months you might be thinking of buying a new marker, pod pack, new goggles, lenses, and paintballs
Old 10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
New Guy

Thanks for the reply!

I should clear things up, i dont want to mod the mr1 because i think it needs it, as far as stock guns go, this one rules, especially for the price! I want to mod it because i enjoy learning and i am one of those guys who thinks that half the fun is upgrading your marker....what can i say i just cant leave things alone.....my parents found that out a couple years back when they gave me their van lol!

but from learning about paint ball form my first marker (brass eagle maurader, laugh if you must) i now know that a little info goes along way!

thanks again!
but i still need an answer to the questions!

--scott
Old 10-18-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmAreOne
...slap on a LP chamber or volumizer...
The design of the MR-1 does not allow you to add a volumizer, but you might be able to take off the foregrip and put on a low pressure chamber. But I find the stock internals good enouch as they are.

Already answered the ESP question.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
New Guy

thank you again!

by the by what part of canada are you from, i am in onatario
Old 10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Grats on your new MR and welcome to the KUSA forums. Doesn't look like it's done but there's some idea's here for modding your MR -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 10-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmArEoNe

by the by what part of canada are you from, i am in onatario
I'm from Hamilton, Ontario
Old 10-20-2006, 07:40 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I'm buying one after I buy my Nintendo Wii. I am going to put a red dot sight on it, (not a scope) mod the rifle butt by cutting out the top rail, put a q-loader on it, put a attatchable flashlight on it for scenario games, putting on my already purchased J&J Ceramic 14", and running a remote through it. (I might figure out a way to build it into the stock of the gun so that I can take off the ASA/drop)

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 10-21-2006, 07:54 PM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

For the ESP Rocking trigger (the new one) I got it and it came with the bolt and I have had no problems chopping so far.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 10-22-2006, 02:33 PM
New Guy

excellent! i could have used it this weekend that for sure! i had to lay down some serious covering fire wile i was pinned down real good! damn flatline barrels they sting from so far away!