Recommend! 5 83.33%
It is an alright product. 1 16.67%
Would not recommend! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Default Review of the Radarchron ROF

The Radarchron ROF is the newest in handheld chronograph from Sport Sensors Inc.

I was looking through APG and found an add for a handheld chrono from the makers of the little yellow chrono that everyone uses, only this chrono caught my eye. It has a 3 digit display and a whole lot more.

So I call the manufacturer and it was a very pleasant phone call. They provided all the information I needed and I wanted one

A few weeks later my box showed up and I was very impressed. At first glance the Chrono looked solid, and upon picking it up it was. I went and grabbed the 3 'AA' batteries (thats right no more watch batteries) and turned it on. What a nice display, the numbers are big and bright. It has one multi function button on the front that lets you turn the chrono on and off and switch between readings while using it.

Display

The chrono has a few really nice features. First, you DO NOT need to reset it each time you want to chrono, just shoot and it will let you know the FPS. Ready for another test, just shoot again, and so forth. Second, it also does BPS and record the highest FPS and Lowest FPS over a string of shots. It will display the average FPS as well. The chrono will track up to a total of 255 shots at a time, so you can unload a hopper and see the BPS, and average FPS for the whole thing.

It has a metal fold out stand so you can sit it on the counter to shoot over it and since it does not need user intervention to chrono you can use it like the Red Chronos at most fields. It also has a screw in hole on the bottom of the chrono that lets you put it on a tripod, if you ask me that is a nice touch.

Fold out stand

Screw mount

It comes in a nice yellow bag, so it wont get lost easily, it may get some legs and walk away at the field it is really nice. The only thing I am not crazy about is the leather holster for it. You can get that as an option and is not included with the chrono, but I found it to be large and bulky, it does protect the chrono though.

Carry Bag

The instructions are well written and easy to follow.

I took the chrono to the field this past weekend and we put it to the test against the Red Field chronos and was right on the money. The refs actually liked it better, the display was much easier to read.

Over all this is a great chrono. The leather holster is not the greatest, but it does what it is supposed to do, protect the chrono.

If you are in the market for a chrono (if you don't have one you should be in the market for one, PLAY SAFE) then this is a great choice. You can go to http://www.paintballradar.com for more info, once it is released to the masses. Most likely they will be sent to the major distributors and then they will be available from stores.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!