Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Default Re: Extreme makeover paintball edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave714
Nice job on the hitman pump mod JB. Is your pump stroke really smooth/soft enough to work the pump with your index finger though? If so, I'm impressed. I've never mastered the art of springing my Sniper well enough to make the stroke that smooth.

As for the grip color, maybe look around for some of those smart parts wooden grips. I saw some light green NIB wood panel grips go up on ebay recently for dirt cheap. If not wood, maybe look into the contract killer grips. Maybe they make something in green.

Did you ever figure out what kind of feedneck threads you have on that eclipse body? If so, what are they?
The pump stroke was pretty smooth but I do need a light spring return to get it to work right but with this body and all eclipse/nexus internal's it's a piece of cake to pull it back. I also have to sand the guide rod as I got a little glue on it and it's hindering the performance. Should be fixed by the weekend.

Feedneck is cocker threading but it's either messed up or the feed I have just doesn't match up right. Nonetheless I ordered a CCM neck and if it won't fit right it's getting rigged on!

Grip's I'm still up in the air at the moment. Might pick up something locally so I get the right color green.

Oh Dave if you want a pre made hitmen pump mod to tinker with pm me I have a ton of them. It's just a stainless steel pipe hanger that we have at my work!

JB.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Resident *******

I still say run that neck through a grinder!

Lol, just kiddin'... How did you do that mod? Could I get a link to the page with that mod on it? I'm more tempted than ever to get a pump after seeing yours, JB... Pure secks!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 09-12-2006, 08:22 AM

Here's my tutorial with the material I have at work!...

Quote:
Check it out. Here's what we have at my work. There steel pipe/wire hanger's.

As you can see it's easily bendable. All bend's were done just by putting in a vice grip and doing it by hand. They already have a round bottom I just pinched it in the table vice to get the point I needed!

And here is the result. Give or take I haven't glued it in yet as I am going to paint it black but nonetheless it came out pretty good.

I used a 1/8 drill bit at first but it was too small so I went up to a 5/32. It's larger than the wire. The only problem I see is even with using good glue I'm going to bend the wire before sliding in a little in order to have some friction resistance along with the glue. Should work pretty good.

JB.

But your pump stroke has to at a perfect point of being able to pull it back with just a couple finger's but still have a spring return to push the pump back up on it' s own. I've almost got mine perfect just a few more problem's to work out. Heck right now I still can grab the chickun wing with my finger's and pump it back and forth (until I got the glue on my guide rod) which still help's when your trying to keep tight in a bunker or shoot off handed!

JB.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 AM

Ok the CCM cocker threaded feedneck came in and it definitely did not screw on to those thread's. So I took a dremel and sanded out the threading and got it to where it slightly slipped over top of the thread's and then pressed it onto the oring. With the oring there it's not budging so some of you guy's can hold your breath as I didn't disturb the marker only the feedneck. It still might get glued on I'll have to see how it does with a revvy full of paint.

Pic's...

Dang I gotta get new grip's it's the only thing I don't like...
Old 09-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

dang looks pretty good. Haha I like that little brass eagle hopper in the first pic