Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM
New Guy

Default Spring kit and my 06Electra

So, I picked up a 32 degree spring kit the other day, now what do you guys suggest I do with it? Someone at the shop told me: light valve spring / heavy main spring. Looking for more opinions and options from you guys.

Thanks...
Old 09-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

Default Re: Spring kit and my 06Electra

Best results will be found through trial and error. Take some paint and air out to your field and play around with it. Try different combinations till you find one that you like and shoots under the field limit.

Each gun is different as well as playing conditions vary. Thus what works for one person may not work for another.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:20 PM
New Guy

Yeah, I'm going out tomorrow or Sunday to mess around with it. I'm not too familiar with spring kits though. What's the purpose to each spring, ie: what will be different about the marker with a stiffer spring vice the soft one?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Chopper Dave. We Have Uh-Oh

The way a spyder works is when the trigger is pulled the hammer moves forward to hit the valve pin. When the pin is pushed in air moves into the valve and out the barrel. A spring is used to moved the hammer forward and keep the valve from leaking air out the valve.

Now what a spring kit does is give you options on how hard or soft those springs are. The heavier a main(hammer) spring is the harder it will hit the valve, but also more pressure is needed to push it back in place.

A light valve spring means that less pressure is needed to move the valve pin. It is a give and take thing that is why you need to test it.

A heavy main and a light valve may work but it also may give you too high of a velocity. All you need to do is play around with it till a combination gives you the results you need.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:36 PM
New Guy

Ok, think I got it. Thanks for the help.