Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
In Heaven with the Goodie Goodies dressed in white

Default Outraged at the press

Alright So this weekend we had a family reunion. So we have a pretty big family and 115 people attended this reunion. One of my great Uncles had an issue with alchohal and had all of his kids taken away from him and his wife. Now this was the days when you would have a load of kids to help on the farm. So now there were 11 kids all spread across the US. So now finnally all of them have been reunited and a reported came to write up their story. After a interview he left, and the next day we read the newspaper, and were outraged to here him saying our family was basically white trash and just a bunch of drunks
Old 07-31-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Outraged at the press

Be proud of who you are, LOL. j/k! Outraged at the press? Join the club...

Our family is rather large also; Grandparents and their all had about 13-16 kids each; those kids then pretty much all have 2-4 kids each. Then add in the grandchildren (of which I am the oldest). We used to rent a forest preserve to have enough space for family picnics. We did this every year on a date that coincided with a Hell's Angels gathering at the adjacent grove. LOL, interesting parties!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Intermediate Player

My mom's cousin is one of thoses Hell's Angels. It's way down the line though. It's the leader, the one that has a hole cut in his throat becasue of smoking.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:27 AM
Indian

Family Reunions FTL...

that sux man hopefully he gets a better idea LOL.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Spyder Vet

A leopard can change his surroundings, but he can't change his spots.
You know who you are, & you aren't "white trash"- so who cares about the biased, muck raking, sold out, Jerry Springer, media?
If I go to a paper and have a story printed claiming I'm the rightful heir to the Dupont fortune it doesn't make it true, does it?
These colors will never run.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I remember when the media was all against "yellow journalism" even to the point of going out of their way NOT to print trash. Seems that they have to do this kind of reporting anymore to even get a job. So, do we blame them, or the public that feeds off this junk?

I'm pretty sick of the news media - so much that I only watch about 30 minutes of the Today show, and only the weather on the local news. I don't even read the paper anymore. As far as I'm concerned, word of mouth is more reliable, and don't EVEN get me started on the media over in Iraq and in that other conflict....
Old 08-01-2006, 06:18 PM

We might need an opinion poll to see if pballfreak3211 is white trash or not...LOL
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 AM
New Guy Old Body

What timing for the title of this post lol. August issue of Esquire magazine is out and I picked one up today. If you pick it up, check out Acts Of Conscience article. It states that the reporter flew in to talk to "A" soldier in Little Rock named Ben Allbright. Ben is a close friend of mine and there were 4 soldiers at that interview and all from the same unit. How do i know? I was 1 of the 4. Marc and the crony from Esquire interviewed us and yes Ben said those things, I don't deny that. However, Human Rights Watch was taken aback at the information given from myself and the other soldier. Why you ask? Because Ben was apart of the ground war itself. Another soldier was there for the second rotation, and I was with the third rotation. The fourth soldier hasnt been to Iraq as of yet (and was the other soldiers girlfriend). We laid out how much the army is trying to keep this from happening. I endured so many prisoners of war briefings on how to treat them...it just isnt funny how many I went through in a years time. The second soldier (sorry, won't give out his name) spoke of having their treatment of EPW's upgraded to prevent another Abu Gharaib. Funny how they "conveniently" left that part out. The Esquire croney even stepped in and admitted to the "if it bleeds, it leads" scenario. I really hope they didnt think that bringing us beer and pizza would have us give false statements. I do know that the beer trick is used to loosen lips lol. I guess the positive side of things wasn't published because i told the crony what alot of soldiers thought of the media at the time. I got my licks in at least lol. Freedom of the Press IMO just means Freedom to print a one sided agenda.