Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Tourney Talk > Players' Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
(spyderkid946)

Default Re: New York Ballers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_Bravo
EAS (extreme action sports) in Baldwinsville, on Van Buren Rd. That's where I go.
do you really? i live in bville.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Spyder Vet

Yep, I've seen you on the forums. I don't play at Headrush but I stop in from time to time and bug Mike or Sanchez. I don't care too much for speedball, too old for it. I don't want to break a hip or anything.
Seriously though, I like EAS because we can play some woodsball or if anyone else wants to, hit the airball field.
I was in the Skaneateles area and stopped by Alliance(used to be Fury I think) and I wasn't impressed. When I was there the kid behind the counter asked me "do you play?" with a sarcastic tone like it wasn't possible. There was another guy there a little older with tats all up his arms(nothin wrong with tats I have some) who was a little friendlier who asked "where do you play?" When I said EAS they were talking amongst themselves and I heard the kid say "oh yeah, that's the rinky dink place over by..."
I always meet helpful friendly people at EAS or Headrush, but I left that place thinking there's no way in hell I'd fork over my hard earned cash to play at his field.
When I was younger I started riding motorcycles at 10 and raced thru high school & picked it up again in my mid 20's. Every once in a while we(my friends & I) would encounter those type of uber-competitive, self centered, jerks. I always noticed they had few or no friends in the pits and I always got extra pleasure from smokin' them in the motos.
Even though I'm new to this, I try to be helpful to other players and be friendly, not only for myself but the sport. I've dug up nuts and bolts out of my truck for a kids feedneck, given away my unused balls at the end of the day, gave a kid a 32* mainspring, etc.
I don't think there's any place for the "he's shooting a brand X marker, haha" or "I totally owned you" attitude at the fields.
If I'm wrong about Alliance(which I doubt) then I'm glad to be wrong.
Well I'm rambling on, see you around.
These colors will never run.

Last edited by Sandman_Bravo : 07-31-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Double Tomahawk my way threw

Check my location and you will know.
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:21:29 PM): i was there from 10pm to 4am
FootInY0Ass (1:22:15 PM): holy **** you dropped it hard last night
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:22:57 PM): and i was there thursday and friday
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:23:20 PM): thursday, they closed early so we went to the bar up the street afterwards
FootInY0Ass (1:23:40 PM): AA time.......
SOC Feedback : http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5392
Ebay Feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/vicentezarate
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_Bravo
If I'm wrong about Alliance(which I doubt) then I'm glad to be wrong.
Unfortunately your not wrong. That is one of the reasons I made play to win my second home. The customer service was there and they tried to have specials often. They even gave me and my friends a deal a couple times b/c we went there regularly. Fury is now known as Alliance paintball. They have recently moved last month to a new location and it is a little bit better. I dont know when you went but I'd say either a year or two ago, Todd, the guy with the piercings and tats took over. The customer service from them really just is not there. Thier prices are horrible. For all of thier scenarios, they have been overcharging like crazy. The last one they charged 60 bucks for a case of PRACTICE grade paint and 20 dollar entry. You could pre- register for 15 but still. They ripped everyone off with the paint prices. Some of the guys who work there are jerks, and some of them are decent people. What is really bad is when they put inexperienced reffs on the field. Last scenario one of my friends asked for a paint check on someone he believed he hit. The reff said in return, "Whats a paintcheck?" Bad bad experiences..

I plan on playing at headrush for now on, they're closer and I had completely forgot about all the remodeling they have been doing. Sounds like thier customer service will be better too. I've only played there once and I recall it being a decent time.

Sandman, how is EAS? I've only heard the name, I've never played there.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:47 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Where is that? EAS I mean... I've never been through that area lol.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 AM
(spyderkid946)

ya ive never been to alliance but i know some kids on a team there and there total jerks.

on another note ive actually only been to EAS once when i first got into paintball, it was great cuz we played speedball then went and played in the fort. plus im good friends with the owners son =) anyway im probably going to be going to EAS more because i want to play outdoor speedball and the one at headrush sucks right now. ace EAS is on can buren rd in bville, it just off the highway (i cant think of the name of it), they have a sign and then you have to drive down a dirt road, its a nice little place.

headrush is great tho, mike and sanchez are two of the collest guys ever.
and Jake( the owner) is really cracking down on things to get the place clean and to really try and make it a great experiance when you go.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Spyder Vet

http://www.easpaintball.com/Welcome....id=asDW_0SeNK7_

EAS is a friendly small place. Some days there are plenty of knowledgeable refs and other times it's lacking but overall it's a great place. They have an airball field just off the registration area, there is a wooded "village" area, a speedball field, and a fort. The place could use a little renovation and upkeep, but they aren't in business to make a lot of money, just to keep the fields open. I've met nothing but friendly helpful people there. Stop by on the weekends 9:30a-3:00p- they divide up teams and play.
These colors will never run.

Last edited by Sandman_Bravo : 07-31-2006 at 03:35 PM.