Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: Ethiopia Invades Somalia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
hmm so lets say that Iran jumps in on NKs side
They just had a story on Iran being involved with the missle test (at least present) Me thinks that we need to first get our people out of countries that are fighting.

We had a hard enough time moving people out of New Orleans but yet we expect the government to get them out of fighting countries.....Let see what happens.

WW III....doubt it. The amount of technology we have now will limit that ever happening. In the first 2 WW we had no choice but trench war fare and fighting with very limited weapons. Now we have the ability to pin point a terroist in a house among other homes and plant a bomb on his good for nothing, 0 virgin havin @$$. With that kind of ability do you think that most of the world got the message that we don't mess around when we find what we are looking for.

PLUS- I really don't want to pay much more for a gallon of gas!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

My real point is in the fact that we have no real control over whether we die or not, since indefinately all of us will at some time. Similarly each of us has no significant control over the end of these conflicts and therefore all we can really do is sit and watch. Its amazing how I can think this way and still be labeled a "determinist". I'm always optimistic about situations like these because I know that if I'm wrong there won't be anyone to rub it in my face.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Judge and Jury

I just find it hilarious that I never knew that Ethiopia had stopped the Islamists from taking power in both 1993 AND 1996 (UN/US Pull out and Aidid's death? That's curious...). And here we go again with that same score. I think it's good that other countries are worried about that situation, as well as the other hot spots that are flaring up. The more concerned regional powers get about their spheres and intervene on behalf of allies, the less the major powers have to worry about diverting resources and attention from possible global threats like DPRK and Iran. Unfortunately, Israel is doing their thing in Lebanon right now and not focused diretly on Iran.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
viper one

problem is we have a foot in a few of those conflicts. We're already at war with iraq, just got through with ghanistan. Dont forget not too long ago we had troops in somalia and that turned out like a smaller scale version of iraq#2. they had weapons capabilities we never dreamed theyd have, we basically thought they had rocks and sticks, and a few bb guns or something. but no they had rpg's. Who knows if we'll get drawn into messing with somalia again. Who knows what these other countries have that we didnt know about. We got a chance of going to war with iran, which puts us in theatre with israel and lebanon. NK's new missile can theoretically reach us soil, so we gotta worry about them and thus china as well. I just hope china ends up on our side cuz they aint no joke. Russia is kinda run down and worn out and selling off military technology to keep from goin completely broke, hell their the reason most of these little countries are now nuclear players, but i still dont count russia out either. We all think france is a bunch a P(**&^S but who knows. Then Italy and Germany are some old players in the war game but so far havent seen any aggression from them. And BTW Iran is far more significant then people think, used to be allies, now not so much. They ain't small time players.

we're in a big steaming pile of (*& here. It's a big game of chess and if it all gets played wrong things could escalate fast. It already seems like a really slow buildup to what could be WW3, only on more of a deathmatch every country for himself kinda game. cuz everyhbodys picking individual fights, instead of working together and teaming up on others. if that starts happening we got problems. cuz these warring countries will start getting far more aggressive.

im probly thinking too much into this cuz im not that much of a political person but im just seeing the conflicts that already happened. and as weve seen with afghanistan, people hold grudges with us. Japan seems like an ally now, but we did drop a few things off in their back yard back in the day that killed lots of them, so who knows. problem is everybody mentioned so far, except ethiopia and somalia (so we think so far) has nukes now too.

oh well, heres to hoping their nukes are tippmans, and ours are Ego's or Shockers or something.

in process of customizing body to repair damage done by NDZ EQ bolt not fitting right.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 PM

They can afford to attack another country?
But that they cant afford to support their own people.
*Shakes head*
Old 07-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Banned

You are thinking about it to much. Think about it this way instead. Most of Asia relies on US to buy the stuff they make. We rely on them to make stuff cheaper so our companies can have more profit and further perpetuate the pursuit of wealth. All the big players have a delicate symbiotic relationship with each other.

If someone started popping off nukes we would 1) end up killing more people than we though 2) we would destroy the only thing that supports our most basic needs EARTH!! Everyone knows this (at least those who have nukes) and if they did originally know I bet one of the big players told them.

We need to look at these little skirmishes as just warring politics and will
resolve themselves with devastating results. If the world really wants us to
step in, they can ask. Until then, let them finish what they started. We do not need to act as the Police....That is what the UN is for.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:57 AM
===,,,> Go Noles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx6x9x
Japan seems like an ally now, but we did drop a few things off in their back yard back in the day that killed lots of them, so who knows.

uh, im sorry, but no...

all japan has is a self defence force, there is no way they can go to war with anyone, thats why it is a protectorate of the US

and splaturout, the US is a world police, that is the responsibility of being one of the only superpowers, china and the US are the only 2 superpowers right now, and face it, china isnt gonna do **** to help anyone else

and look what the UN did to help us, jack squat. The UN is just for making policy, they really have no power
Old 07-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Judge and Jury

...Intelligent conversation means "please know what you're talking about"

Quote:
problem is we have a foot in a few of those conflicts. We're already at war with iraq, just got through with ghanistan.
We aren't through with Afghanistan and the war against Iraq has been long over. Welre involved in fighting an insurgency made up of all kinds of people, but we are actually working WITH and HELPING the Iraqi government.

Quote:
Dont forget not too long ago we had troops in somalia and that turned out like a smaller scale version of iraq#2. they had weapons capabilities we never dreamed theyd have, we basically thought they had rocks and sticks, and a few bb guns or something. but no they had rpg's. Who knows if we'll get drawn into messing with somalia again.
Yeah, I mentioned the UN/US pull-out back in 1993. No, it wasn't anything like Iraq. We knew what was going on, it wasn't a matter of the Somalians surprising us. Also, before the Battle of the Black Sea, a helicopter was shot down by an RPG and food stores were being taken from the people. Go read up on that operation and the history of it. You'll find that US policy is much different now than when Clinton was in office.

Quote:
Who knows what these other countries have that we didnt know about. We got a chance of going to war with iran, which puts us in theatre with israel and lebanon.
Um...Iraq and Afghanistan are on two sides of Iran and Iraq is in between Israel and Lebanon...

Quote:
NK's new missile can theoretically reach us soil, so we gotta worry about them and thus china as well. I just hope china ends up on our side cuz they aint no joke. Russia is kinda run down and worn out and selling off military technology to keep from goin completely broke, hell their the reason most of these little countries are now nuclear players, but i still dont count russia out either. We all think france is a bunch a P(**&^S but who knows. Then Italy and Germany are some old players in the war game but so far havent seen any aggression from them.
Where is any of this going?

Quote:
oh well, heres to hoping their nukes are tippmans, and ours are Ego's or Shockers or something.
Please...stick to not politics...
Old 07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy
Please...stick to not politics...
lol pwned, scrappy you're my hero.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Fluent in Stroll

i <3 scrappy

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.