Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
tigerdave714 tigerdave714 is offline
Pump Freak!
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Americus, GA
Posts: 192
Default What is "Stock Class"

I was doing a little research to answer a question on another forum, and thought I would post this information here as well. Just FYI...

Over the last few years, the terms "Stock Class" and "Pump" have become almost interchangable. But believe me... there is a difference! There are actually 4 different types of pump markers. Unfortunately, because there is no governing organization for pump paintball (like the NPPL or PSP for semis) there is no "official" set of rules for pump marker types and their uses. These categories will only come into play at pump-specific events, and even then a promoter has the option to make certain acceptions on the types of markers allowed. In short (and to rip off a line from an awesome movie)... they're more like guidelines than actual rules.

While they may not be officially recognized by any organization or rule book, these criteria seem to be the most widely accepted list (within reason) by the general pump community. So without further rambling... here ya go.

True stock Class:
Markers must be pump-action.
Paint must be supplied by a fixed horizontal feed tube with a capacity of 15 rounds or less.
Markers must be powered by a 12gram CO2 powerlet.
12gram changers must require manual removal of the spent powerlet. No dropouts, lever/turret changers or bulk tanks.
Triggers must require a complete pull and release after each pump cycle. No auto-trigger or pneumatic assist.

Modified Stock Class:
Markers must be pump-action.
Markers can use either a bulk tank or a direct-feed hopper, but NOT BOTH.
If using a bulk CO2 tank, capacity must be 4oz or less.
If using a direct-feed hopper, capacity must be 50 rounds or less.
Marker may be equipped with an auto-trigger, but no pneumatic assist.

Super Stock Class:
Markers must be pump action
Paint may be supplied by any size/type of feed system.
Markers can use any size/type of air source.
Auto-trigger is legal, but no pneumatic assist.

Open Pump Class:
Anything goes... as long as you still have to pump to shoot.

So what do you think? And what kind of pump do you have, based on these categories?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:59 AM.