Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Marker

Personally, I would go for something higher level as well - but I didn't notice he had about 700.00 - I only saw the 300.00. In that case, you can get any number of higher end guns - from shockers to DM's to Angels in the 400.00 range.

Any of which are going to be TONS better than the Ion...IMHO. Then follow the rest for the loader and tank.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned

vike,where would u find an ion for like 150$ though,i mean if your lucky theres ebay
Old 06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
3. Used stock Ion, around 100.00 - 150.00.
I said used - and meant mainly stock. Those are just about everywhere.

I actually have a friend who's trying to sell one for 125.00 - it's actually in great shape having only used it in one tournament and practices. Since new ones run about 180.00-199.00 now, if you buy a used one for more than that without a butt load of ups, I think you got ripped!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Bling Bling Bling

Ions are not a bad choice if you have 300 bucks to spend on a marker. You can get a NIB Ion and a good bit of up's for $300. Plus IMO Ions are great stepping stones into high end markers. I have an Ion and still want to pick up an Ego before the year is done, not because I don't like my Ion (I love it if you cant tell from my Video's). And when I do get my Ego, the Ion will be the back-up marker.

As for a tank a 68/45 crossy is awesome. IMO I would go for the Halo for the loader. There are much more options for the Halo out and it is plenty fast enough. The Vlocity is nice, but I have heard some negative things, like the opening for the balls is not big enough and you need to cut away some of the loader to make it bigger, I believe this is true, because they already have big mouth after market bodies for the Vlocity.

Well that was my .02 take it or leave it. No matter what you do you will enjoy your new equipment.
HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 PM
One Shot, One Kill, Who needs auto?

Viking: I wasnt talkin about the halo when i said ugly, i was refering to the vlocity.

Many of you think i should go with higher end guns like the angel. This is why im not:

Im 16, i have to pay for insurance, gas, and any other things that a 16 yr old needs, money for lunch etc. i make minimum wage, so i cant be buying $500-1000 guns. Plus, i currently have CO2 and a gravity hopper. So upgrades are needed there. as for the tank/hopper, id rather buy new just coz i dont want to deal with issues that might occur, plus i know the owner of my local paintball store well, and she gives me reasonable prices. I need paint everytime i go, so thats $60 for 4000, plus admission, $25, all day air, $10, it can really add up. Good thing summer is coming to that i can pay off a new gun.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Indian

$60 for 4000 !!!!!!!! is it cheap paint?.....

Buddy i promise if you were to get the dm4 you have be much happier with its performance over a Ion...and you not buying it new so its only going to cost you about $400. Which IMO a upped high end gun for $400 is freaking awesome....

I balled everyweekend and i was 15 before i got sponsored i spent $60 on 2000 balls, and 10 dollars on air and and admision.... It adds up the money does but if you love the sport then you gotta pay to play. High end low price is that way to go.... and the Ion is middle end and low Priced (unless madly upped) and isnt your best option.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
One Shot, One Kill, Who needs auto?

what is a good price for a usd dm4? I think its about $400, but would just like 2 know what u guys think.