Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Never thought I'd need to ask...

I have a new 3.5 Co2 tank for my Phantom that I filled last weekend but didn't use. Unfortunately, I threw it in the back of my car, covered it up to keep the sun off of it, but due to it being 104* out, and who knows HOW hot it got in my SUV, it blew the burst disc before I ever got a chance to use it... my fault because I knew it would happen!

The field owner put a new burst disc on the tank, but I didn't really look at it until now. It says 5000 on it! Now, I'm playing way away from home tomorrow - it's gonna be pretty warm again, and I don't wanna blow anything up or whatever...I do have a 3K Brass Eagle Wal-Mart one I bought about 2-3 years ago when I still used Co2, but never used it because I went HPA shortly after buying it.

Question #1: I know the burst disc is supposed to be 3K, but what would happen if I didn't change it out? IF I decided to use the 3.5 oz tank tomorrow instead of 12 grams?

Question #2: I have a couple of dead 9 ounce tanks laying around. Could I take the burst discs off of those and use them?

Hahaha! Noob Co2 questions for me....go figure! I'm learning a whole new game, guys!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Never thought I'd need to ask...

1. Do you mean just keep the 5k burstdisk on and use it ?? ... that should be fine then ...

2. Heh, try them out yourself ... they should work because they're universal ....

Only worry is the whole in the car part .. since it's over 104* in the SUV ... and it's been there for a prolonged period of time .. i'd sorta wanta check on the locktite.. maybe even redo it ... since red loctite gets weaker in the source of intense heat ...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Resident *******

Nah, that heat wont do anything to the loctite, but the burst disk is the main worry. Don't leave it in your car and leave it somewhere cool and you'll be fine, but if you leave it somewhere where it's too hot, then the tank will burst. As in "it go boom."

If you can get one off your old 9oz tanks, you should be able to use it on your 3.5oz.

Don't worry Vike, we all have nube questions in us waiting to burst out.

EDIT: Just saw this thread down in Air Systems. Thought it might also be helpful to you.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to

Last edited by bigred76 : 05-27-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Indian

Aluminum and steel cyclinders can only withstand preasurs of 3000 PSI.... so say you had the 5000 PSI burst disc and the preasure got over 3000PSI in your little tank? Guess what would happen?

We would have one owend car or a very dead Vike..... Metal shrapnal (spelling sucks like no other) is what kills people when you throw a grenade... think of that little bottle as a grenade.

Take the burst disc off the 9oz not only to protect your self but everyone around you.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1831 <-FEEDBACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwjimmy
Props to thechubbss12......
the appraisal pimp!!!!
http://www.splatsavers.homestead.com/products.html <- buy these headbands!